(TAP)- The national COVID-19 vaccination drive will be stepped up in coming days with the arrival of 500,000 doses of Chinese Sinovac vaccine, Health Minister Faouzi Mehdi said Tuesday.
About 60,000 doses of Pfizer vaccines will be received next week and 636,000 doses of other vaccines late in July, he added.
The number of doses that have arrived in Tunisia since the start of the vaccine acquisition process through the “Covax” initiative or through direct purchases has so far reached two million 311 thousand 422 vaccines, out of a total of 12 million expected this year, Mehdi said at a press conference.
18 more vaccination centres started operating in various regions across the country including Omm Laarayes, El Hajeb, Gtar, El Fahs, Nefza, El Cheba, Mornag and Bouargoub, the minister underscored, adding that increasing the number of centres depends on the number of registrations on evax platform.
Mobile teams were dispatched to register and vaccinate old people in the delegations which have not seen a significant evolution in the number of people registered on evax, he indicated.
He said primary healthcare centres and private pharmacies are also expected to administer COVID-19 vaccines.
- Faouzi Mehdi : national COVID-19 vaccination drive to be stepped up in coming days [https://www.tap.info.tn/en/Portal-Headlines/14127006-faouzi-mehdi]
- Pakistan to receive 13 million Pfizer doses: Dr Faisal Sultan [https://www.samaa.tv/living/health/2021/06/pakistan-to-receive-13-million-pfizer-doses-dr-faisal-sultan/]
- MoH urges people to get vaccinated [https://www.omanobserver.om/article/1102810/oman/health/moh-urges-people-to-get-vaccinated]
- Special PIA flight transports two million doses of Sinovac vaccine to Pakistan [https://dailytimes.com.pk/777369/special-pia-flight-transports-two-million-doses/]
- India’s vaccination pace expected to dwindle from first day record [https://bdnews24.com/neighbours/2021/06/22/india-s-vaccination-pace-expected-to-dwindle-from-first-day-record]
- Philippine President Duterte threatens to have citizens arrested if they don’t get the COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-23/philippine-president-duterte-arrest-vaccine-hesitancy/100236276]
- The Latest: Turkey announces first local COVID vaccine [https://wtop.com/asia/2021/06/the-latest-fiji-outbreak-grows-rapidly-n-zealand-sends-7m/]
- Namibia speeds up oxygen importation amid rising COVID-19 cases [https://www.johannesburglife.com/news/270004100/namibia-speeds-up-oxygen-importation-amid-rising-covid-19-cases]
- Vaccination of senior citizens gains momentum in KZN [https://highwaymail.co.za/443265/vaccination-of-senior-citizens-gains-momentum-in-kzn/]
- Decision on masks expected within a week, government says [https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1163238/decision-on-masks-expected-within-a-week-government-says/]
- COVID-19 cases, recoveries in UAE remain steady as vaccination campaign continues in full swing [https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/608054/World/Mena/COVID-19-cases-recoveries-in-UAE-remain-steady-as-vaccination-campaign-continues-in-full-swing]