New Delhi, Mar 18 (UNI) Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal here on Thursday urged the Centre to permit inoculation of coronavirus vaccine for all, instead of limiting it to those aged above 60 and between 45 and 59 with co-morbidities.
Addressing a press conference on the virus surge, Mr Kejriwal said as vaccine production has increased in the country, people above 18 should be vaccinated to defeat the contagion.
‘If the Centre allows it and sufficient vaccine doses are provided, we aim to vaccinate entire Delhi in three months,’ the Chief Minister claimed.
‘Around 30,000 to 40,000 people are getting vaccinated everyday in the national capital. At government centres, the time will be increased by four hours. Earlier, it was 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs, now it will 0900 hrs to 2100 hrs, he said.
Mr Kejriwal appealed to the people to come out of vaccine hesitancy and said he and his parents had received the jab and doing fine. “Eligible people should get vaccinated,’ he urged.
The AAP convenor said his government is aiming to vaccinate 1,00,000 people in a day and double the vaccine centres in the coming days.
‘We are writing a letter to the Central government to relax certain norms in opening vaccination centres,’ he said.
On rising Covid-19 cases, the Chief Minister said there was no need to worry as earlier 5,000 to 6,000 cases were recorded while on Wednesday over 500 cases registered.
“But to contain the infections, we will strictly implement our surveillance, tracking, tracing, isolation model,” he assured.
Social distancing and wearing of the mask will be enforced strictly to ward off the virus, Mr Kejriwal added.
UNI SV PS 1659
- Prime Minister Imran Khan Gets COVID-19 Jab [https://www.urdupoint.com/en/pakistan/prime-minister-imran-khan-gets-covid-19-jab-1197854.html]
- COVID-19 in Iceland: PCR Certificates Cannot Replace Traveller Quarantine [https://www.icelandreview.com/society/covid-19-in-iceland-pcr-certificates-cannot-replace-traveller-quarantine/]
- Respect the vaccine booking process, Minister urges [https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/respect-the-vaccine-booking-process-minister-urges/]
- COVID-19: Existing coronavirus jabs may protect against Brazilian variant as strain ‘may be less resistant to antibodies’ [https://www.islandfm.com/news/national-news/covid-19-existing-coronavirus-jabs-may-protect-against-brazilian-variant-as-strain-may-be-less-resistant-to-antibodies/]
- Gov’t: Hungary Not Ready to Ease Restrictions Yet [https://hungarytoday.hu/govt-hungary-not-ready-ease-restrictions-lockdown-measures/]
- Govt to pursue vaccine rollout amid reported death [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/03/18/news/govt-to-pursue-vaccine-rollout-amid-reported-death/852893/]
- Tajikistan will not refuse the vaccine that almost half Europe countries have suspended use of it [https://asiaplustj.info/en/news/tajikistan/society/20210318/tajikistan-will-not-refuse-the-vaccine-that-almost-half-europe-countries-have-suspended-use-of-it]
- PM Imran Khan gets vaccination against coronavirus [https://dailytimes.com.pk/735846/pm-imran-khan-gets-vaccination-against-coronavirus/]
- Dashoguz doctors and police officers are vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine [https://en.hronikatm.com/2021/03/dashoguz-doctors-and-police-officers-are-vaccinated-with-the-chinese-vaccine/]
- PM Imran Khan receives coronavirus jab [https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/806242-pm-imran-khan-receives-coronavirus-jab]
- Govt to pursue vaccine rollout amid reported death [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/03/18/news/govt-to-pursue-vaccine-rollout-amid-reported-death-2/852894/]
- Russia’s Sputnik COVID-19 vaccine reaches Karachi as Pakistan cases surge [https://www.samaa.tv/news/2021/03/russias-sputnik-covid-19-vaccine-reaches-karachi-as-pakistan-cases-surge/]
- WHO experts maintain AstraZeneca jab is safe [https://monacolife.net/who-experts-maintain-astrazeneca-jab-is-safe/]
- First day of 40-years-and-over COVID vaccination packed but runs smoothly [https://www.pncguam.com/first-day-of-40-years-and-over-covid-vaccination-packed-but-runs-smoothly/]
- WHO ‘worried’ about virus spread in Balkans, Central Europe [https://themalaysianreserve.com/2021/03/18/who-worried-about-virus-spread-in-balkans-central-europe/]
- Dr Adham, Mohd Zuki receive second dose of Covid-19 vaccine [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/18/dr-adham-mohd-zuki-receive-second-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine/1958975]
- Spain probing three blood clot cases in recipients of AstraZeneca vaccine [https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-03-17/spain-probing-three-blood-clot-cases-in-recipients-of-astrazeneca-vaccine.html]
- Morocco’s health ministry recommends to carry on using AstraZeneca vaccine [https://middle-east-online.com/en/morocco%E2%80%99s-health-ministry-recommends-carry-using-astrazeneca-vaccine]
- Five major unknowns about the coronavirus that are yet to be resolved [https://english.elpais.com/usa/2021-03-18/five-major-unknowns-about-the-coronavirus-that-are-yet-to-be-resolved.html]
- Khairy: Govt will consider third dose of vaccine as booster next year [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/18/khairy-govt-will-consider-third-dose-of-vaccine-as-booster-next-year/1958974]
- ‘There’s tremendous fear’: Farmworkers face vaccine eligibility woes Biden’s farm problem: Booming sales raise questions about bailout money [https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/18/migrant-workers-coronavirus-vaccination-476804]
- EU Digital Green Certificates – Knockout Blow for Bulgarian Tourism [https://www.novinite.com/articles/208537/EU+Digital+Green+Certificates+%E2%80%93+Knockout+Blow+for+Bulgarian+Tourism]
- Malaysian cargo drivers to get Covid-19 immunisation cert after vaccination in Singapore [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/18/msian-cargo-drivers-to-get-covid-19-immunisation-cert-after-vaccination-in/1958981]
- Keep using AstraZeneca Covid-19 shots to save lives, WHO tells Europe [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/03/18/keep-using-astrazeneca-covid-19-shots-to-save-lives-who-tells-europe/1959011]
- Health D-G: Investigation found no link between nurse’s death from heart attack and Covid-19 vaccine [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/18/health-d-g-investigation-found-no-link-between-nurses-death-from-heart-atta/1958990]
- When will it be over? 3 key numbers scientists are watching to track the pandemic [https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/when-will-it-be-over-3-key-numbers-scientists-are-n1261198]
- Pandemic unlikely to end soon – why build a local Covid-19 vaccine production facility? [https://bnn-news.com/pandemic-unlikely-to-end-soon-why-build-a-local-covid-19-vaccine-production-facility-223095]
- Dark day in Hungary: Covid-19 takes toll on a record 207 people in one day [https://dailynewshungary.com/dark-day-in-hungary-covid-19-takes-toll-on-a-record-207-people-in-one-day/]
- EU health agency to rule on use of AstraZeneca vaccine [https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0318/1204634-astrazeneca-ema/]
- Kejriwal appeals Centre to permit Covid-19 vaccine for all [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/03/18/what-do-we-know-about-the-delay-in-vaccine-supply/]
- Kejriwal appeals Centre to permit Covid-19 vaccine for all [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/03/18/under-50s-face-wait-for-covid-19-vaccine-after-supply-slowdown/]
- Government: Hungary not ready to ease restrictions yet! [https://dailynewshungary.com/government-hungary-not-ready-to-ease-restrictions-yet/]
- Key questions as EU regulator to rule on AstraZeneca [https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0318/1204655-astrazeneca-explainer/]
- Latvia temporarily suspends use of AstraZeneca vaccine [https://leta.lv/eng/home/important/3B8A2F74-D759-429C-942B-398C404A38EE/]
- President Zurabishvili receives AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine live on TV [https://agenda.ge/en/news/2021/724]
- Vaccination of over-70s should finish by mid-May ‘as planned’ [https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0318/1204661-covid19-ireland/]
- Health Ministry Echoes BPOM’s Stand on AstraZeneca Vaccine [https://en.tempo.co/read/1443402/health-ministry-echoes-bpoms-stand-on-astrazeneca-vaccine]
- I got the COVID-19 vaccine. What can I safely do? [https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/I-got-the-COVID-19-vaccine-What-can-I-safely-do-16034620.php]