COVID-19: 1,000 Reports Received On Adverse Effects Of Vaccination Daily Guide Wed 17th Mar, 2021 07:57
The Extended Programme on Immunisation (EPI) of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) says it has received about 1,000 reports of adverse effects from persons vaccinated against the Covid-19.
These are people vaccinated within 12 days of the first phase of the COVID-19 vaccination exercise.
Programme Manager of the EPI, Dr Kwame Amponsa-Achino, told the media that the reactions and complaints received by his outfit and the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) were fever, sweating, headache, weakness, chills and body aches, which were all expected.
The Programme Manager said the reports were not different from reactions and adverse reports from other countries and what was stated by the manufacturer in the vaccine package information.
Dr Amponsa-Achiano said the complaints were received mainly through the complaints call number provided on the vaccination card, the Med App and a complaints link provided by the FDA.
He said data showed that as of 7pm on Sunday, March 14, nearly 404,000 persons had taken their first jab of the COVID-19 vaccine form the 43 districts earmarked for the first phase.
Those vaccinated include front-line health workers, adults aged 60 years and above, and people with underlining health conditions such as diabetes, kidney diseases, hypertension, and cancer.
The others are frontline security personnel, frontline government officials, the media, and all frontline workers in the formal sector.
A total of 20 million Ghanaians are expected to be vaccinated against the virus, Dr Amponsa-Achiano said, adding that females formed about 62 per cent of the number vaccinated so far.
He said about 58,000 persons with underling health conditions, 91,000 adults aged 60 years and above, about 68,000 health workers, 23,000 frontline security personnel, and more than 48,000 essential service providers had received their first jabs.
Similarly, more than 12,000 members of the Executive, Judiciary, and Legislature, and 60,000 teachers aged 60 and above, more than 3,000 media persons and 72,000 ordinary persons had been vaccinated.
Read Full Story Advertise Here contact ads[@]ghheadlines.com Related Items COVID-19 COVID-19 Vaccination
- Slovenia ordered 90% of vaccine it was entitled to on pro rata basis [https://sloveniatimes.com/slovenia-ordered-90-of-vaccine-it-was-entitled-to-on-pro-rata-basis/]
- Vietnam says homegrown Covid-19 vaccine to be available by fourth quarter [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/03/17/vietnam-says-homegrown-covid-19-vaccine-to-be-available-by-fourth-quarter/1958565]
- EU backs AstraZeneca jab, says benefits outweigh risks [https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/805650-eu-backs-astrazeneca-jab-says-benefits-outweigh-risks]
- S. Korea reports blood clot case, but pushes ahead with AZ rollout : ARIRANG [https://www.arirang.com/News/News_View.asp?nseq=274004]
- Govt Reveals Strategy as AstraZeneca Vaccines Will Soon Expire [https://en.tempo.co/read/1443036/govt-reveals-strategy-as-astrazeneca-vaccines-will-soon-expire]
- Lithuania halts the use of AstraZeneca vaccine [https://bnn-news.com/lithuania-halts-the-use-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-223032]
- ‘Mild to moderate’ Covid-19 vaccine side effects reported [https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0317/1204476-covid19-ireland/]
- European Medicines Agency continues evaluation of AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine [https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0317/1204477-covid19-global/]
- Health experts deserve to be trusted on vaccines [https://www.smh.com.au/national/health-experts-deserve-to-be-trusted-on-vaccines-20210317-p57bne.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- Merkel in trouble as Germany doctor back AstraZeneca ‘Still convinced it’s very safe’ [https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1410943/Merkel-news-Germany-AstraZeneca-vaccine-suspension-blood-clot-warning-latest-vn?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-world-news+%28Express+%3A%3A+World+Feed%29]
- GP clinics overwhelmed with callers seeking vaccine [https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/gp-clinics-overwhelmed-with-callers-seeking-vaccine-20210317-p57bim.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- CHO backs COVID-19 vaccine safety after two allergic reactions in WA [https://www.smh.com.au/national/western-australia/cho-backs-covid-19-vaccine-safety-after-two-allergic-reactions-in-wa-20210317-p57boz.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- ‘Very safe’: Top health experts keep faith in COVID-19, despite allergic reactions [https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/very-safe-top-health-experts-keep-faith-in-covid-19-despite-allergic-reactions-20210317-p57boo.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- Don’t call yet: GPs inundated by demands for COVID-19 vaccine bookings [https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/don-t-call-yet-gps-inundated-by-demands-for-covid-19-vaccine-bookings-20210317-p57bhp.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- ‘We’ll have to close the doors’: Medical workers brace for chaos as virus grips PNG [https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/we-ll-have-to-close-the-doors-medical-workers-brace-for-chaos-as-virus-grips-png-20210317-p57bmg.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- Sri Lanka to continue with Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine: Govt spokesman [https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/south-asia/sri-lanka-to-continue-with-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-govt-spokesman/articleshow/81546329.cms]
- Entering China is now easier for people who have a vaccine — but only if it’s made in China [https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/17/china-relaxes-border-restrictions-for-those-who-received-china-made-vaccines.html]
- Italy: Europe’s decision to suspend Oxford jab WAS political [https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1410958/coronavirus-latest-europe-suspends-oxford-vaccine?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-world-news+%28Express+%3A%3A+World+Feed%29]
- Some Britons Seeking to Cancel AstraZeneca Vaccination Over Blood Clot Fears [https://sputniknews.com/uk/202103171082365937-some-britons-seeking-to-cancel-astrazeneca-vaccination-over-blood-clot-fears/]
- Norwegian Prof: It’s ‘Reasonable to Believe’ in Connection Between AstraZeneca Jab and Blood Clots [https://sputniknews.com/europe/202103171082365170-norwegian-prof-its-reasonable-to-believe-in-connection-between-astrazeneca-jab-and-blood-clots/]