World Health Organization Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said systems meant to protect public health were working, as several countries suspended use of AstraZeneca ‘s COVID-19 vaccine to investigate possible side-effects. “This does not necessarily mean these events are linked to COVID-19 vaccination, but it’s routine practice to investigate them, and it shows that the surveillance system works and that effective controls are in place,” Tedros said during a virtual media briefing on Monday. A WHO advisory committee plans to meet on Tuesday to discuss the vaccine, which Germany, France and Italy said on Monday they were pausing after several countries reported serious conditions in people who had received the shot.
- Children immunisation fell short by 7.2% between April ’19 and Mar ’20: Centre [https://www.siasat.com/children-immunisation-fell-short-by-7-2-between-april-19-and-mar-20-centre-2111140/]
- No sign of community transmission linked to COVID-infected Brisbane doctor so far as more than half of close contacts test negative [https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-16/coronavirus-queensland-doctor-cases-community-transmission/13251914]
- Pattaya’s freedom from serious Covid infection attracts many theories [https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattayas-freedom-from-serious-covid-infection-attracts-many-theories-347334]
- GOC 81 Division, others receive first jab of COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/goc-81-division-others-receive-first-jab-of-covid-19-vaccine/]
- UK records another 5,089 coronavirus cases, 64 deaths [https://www.johannesburglife.com/news/268119935/uk-records-another-5089-coronavirus-cases-64-deaths]
- FTI jittery over new lockdowns [https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2084179/fti-jittery-over-new-lockdowns]
- Life insurers extend assistance for Covid-19 vaccination effects [https://themalaysianreserve.com/2021/03/16/life-insurers-extend-assistance-for-covid-19-vaccination-effects/]