2020 Annual Report by the US HHS Department
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has released it’s Annual Report. It became public in January 2021, and has clearly demonstrated that the political will of the Washington establishment is above the lives of millions of ordinary people, and that the U.S. is not ashamed to sacrifice the health of its neighbors in order to pursue its interests. Today, Washington tries to deny its own claims.
The chapter of this report that describes the ways of health cooperation strengthening and methods to establish the U.S. humanitarian leadership includes the “combating of malign influences in the Americas”. The chapter says:
“OGA (The Office of Global Affairs) used diplomatic relations in the Americas region to mitigate efforts by states, including Cuba, Venezuela, and Russia, who are working to increase their influence in the region to the detriment of US safety and security. OGA coordinated with other U.S. government agencies to strengthen diplomatic ties and offer technical and humanitarian assistance to dissuade countries in the region from accepting aid from these illintentioned states”
Human Services’ Office of Global Affairs is the diplomatic structure of the HHS Department that is aimed at “coordination of global relationships and international engagement, providing leadership in global health diplomacy in order to contribute to a safer, healthier world.”
According to the report, among its recent efforts there are tentative to persuade Brazil to reject the Russian Sputnik V vaccine. Also, for example, the U.S. has offered technical assistance by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in exchange to Panama’s rejection of Cuban doctors offers.
Thus, in order to influence its leading positions, Washington is sabotaging supplies of reliable COVID-19 vaccines from the Russian-Cuban-Venezuelan ‘axis of evil’.
Click to see full-size image
The OGA efforts were in vain, it has only retained the vaccine supply to Brazil. In mid-March, Brazil signed a contract for supply of 10 million doses of the Russian vaccine. The delivery will be carried out in coming months. However, the national Brazilian regulator Anvisa has not yet approved the Russian vaccine.
Today after such a fail, Washington denies its claims about its pressure on Brazilian authorities.
“We cannot persuade Brazil or any other country from accepting vaccines authorized by their respective authorities,” said a spokesman for the HHS department to the Russian news agency RBK.
Despite all the efforts of Washington, as well as its European partners, the list of countries that approved the Sputnik V vaccine is constantly expanding. Azerbaijan was the last to join it.
The efficiency of Sputnik V is 91.6%, which is confirmed by the publication in The Lancet, one of the oldest and most respected medical journals in the world; it is one of only three drugs in the world with over 90% efficacy.
The inconsistency of U.S. policy and the accountability for its actions amid the global crisis unveil the real intentions of Washington establishment. Taking into account the current fail of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine in Europe, and US sordid policy amid the growing popularity of Sputnik V, fprobably, a spread of fake news about Russian vaccine should be expected in the nearest future. It may turn into provocations like staging of health problems of those who were vaccinated with Sputnik V. One hopes that it would not really influence anyone’s health.
- Iran starts trials of homegrown COVID vaccine named for slain nuke scientist [https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-starts-trials-of-homegrown-covid-vaccine-named-for-slain-nuke-scientist/]
- Montgomery Co.’s mass vaccination site gets OK; county will run it in partnership with state [https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2021/03/montgomery-co-to-get-mass-vaccination-site-will-run-it-in-partnership-with-state/]
- Dentists Could Join Ranks Of Vaccinators In Wisconsin [https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/03/16/dentists-could-join-ranks-of-vaccinators-in-wisconsin/]
- US prison guards refusing COVID-19 vaccine despite outbreaks [https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-prison-guards-refusing-vaccine-despite-covid-19-outbreaks]
- Covid-19 vaccine not exported at expense of Indians: Harshvardhan [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/covid-19-vaccine-not-exported-at-expense-of-indians-harshvardhan-121031601061_1.html]
- India supplied over 58 mn doses of Covid vax to 70 nations: Govt [https://morungexpress.com/india-supplied-over-58-mn-doses-of-covid-vax-to-70-nations-govt]
- Tamil Nadu reports 867 fresh Covid-19 infections, five fatalities [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/tamil-nadu-reports-867-fresh-covid-19-infections-five-fatalities-121031601102_1.html]
- Covid situation, vax drive status to figure in Modi-CMs meeting [https://www.siasat.com/covid-situation-vax-drive-status-to-figure-in-modi-cms-meeting-2111711/]
- Ombudsman Laments Covid-19 Vaccination for DPRD Family Members [https://en.tempo.co/read/1442857/ombudsman-laments-covid-19-vaccination-for-dprd-family-members]
- Socialists request access to pandemic management documents in Hungary [https://dailynewshungary.com/socialists-request-access-to-pandemic-management-documents-in-hungary/]
- COVID-19: Wike confident on brand safety as Rivers kicks off vaccination [https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/covid-19-wike-confident-on-brand-safety-as-rivers-kicks-off-vaccination/]