CHISINAU (UrduPoint News / Sputnik – 16th March, 2021) Moldova has confirmed it registered side effects in 2.2 percent of its citizens vaccinated with the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, the national public health agency said on Tuesday.
The country started its vaccination drive using the AstraZeneca vaccine on March 2 and has already vaccinated 15,270 people.
“Since March 2, when the vaccination began, and till this day, we have registered 334 cases of vaccine side effects. Let me note that this is 2.2 percent. All side effects showed within 24 hours after vaccination and disappeared in a day or two,” the agency’s epidemiologist, Laura Tsurkan, said at a briefing.
According to the scientist, those vaccinated complained about headache, fatigue, feeling sore, allergy and higher temperature.
The vaccination campaign in Moldova will be carried out in three stages. During the first stage that will last for two months, 70,000 medical and social care workers will receive the vaccine.
The second stage that will last for 4 months will cover over 700,000 public servants and elderly population. During the third stage, the remaining groups of citizens will be vaccinated until the nation achieves the so-called collective immunity to the virus.
Romanian President Klaus Iohannis, during an official visit to Chisinau at the end of last year, vowed to provide Moldova with 200,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine as humanitarian aid; the first batch of 21,600 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine arrived in Chisinau on February 27.
Earlier in the month, Moldova became the first European country to receive coronavirus vaccine doses free of charge through the international COVAX facility launched by the World Health Organization with the arrival of 14,400 AstraZeneca vaccine doses in the country on March 4.
- Covid-19: National vaccination total now over 212,000 [https://raajje.mv/96845]
- Sweden pauses AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccinations [https://bdnews24.com/health/2021/03/16/sweden-pauses-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccinations]
- Caseload expected to remain high for this long in Hungary [https://dailynewshungary.com/caseload-expected-to-remain-high-for-this-long-in-hungary/]
- Authorities release special virus prevention measures for greater Seoul area : ARIRANG [https://www.arirang.com/News/News_View.asp?nseq=273935]
- Russia-donated Sputnik vaccine doses arrive in Viet Nam [http://news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Russiadonated-Sputnik-vaccine-doses-arrive-in-Viet-Nam/20213/43223.vgp]
- New $2,000 payout for those who need hospitalisation after Covid-19 vaccine shot [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/new-2000-payout-for-those-who-need-to-be-hospitalised-as-a-result-of-vaccination]
- How well do Covid vaccines protect after organ transplant? [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/03/16/news/how-well-do-covid-vaccines-protect-after-organ-transplant/851875/]
- Singapore residents under ‘exceptional circumstances’ can apply for early Covid-19 vaccination [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/those-who-need-to-travel-overseas-for-urgent-work-study-or-medical-reasons-can-apply-for]
- JUST IN: Zimbabwe receives second batch of Sinopharm Covid – 19 vaccine [https://www.chronicle.co.zw/just-in-zimbabwe-receives-second-batch-of-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine/]
- Over 200,000 medical frontliners vaccinated vs Covid-19, says Galvez [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/03/16/news/over-200000-medical-frontliners-vaccinated-vs-covid-19-says-galvez/851952/]
- S. Korean PM urges policy allowing people to take time off work after getting vaccine : ARIRANG [https://www.arirang.com/News/News_View.asp?nseq=273927]
- A new Ebola outbreak shows why we can’t get complacent about Covid-19 immunity [https://qz.com/africa/1984109/ebola-survivors-can-be-contagious-after-five-years/]
- King visits KL Health Clinic vaccination centre [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/16/king-visits-kl-health-clinic-vaccination-centre/1958341]
- Iran unveils COVID-19 vaccine named to honor assassinated scientist Fakhrizadeh [https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2021/03/16/647412/Iran-COVID19-vaccine-Fakhrizadeh]
- WHO warns against cessation of vaccination, as countries halt use of AstraZeneca [https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2021/03/16/647411/vaccine-AstraZeneca-WHO]
- Iran unveils another COVID-19 vaccine, Fakhra [https://irannewsdaily.com/2021/03/iran-unveils-another-covid-19-vaccine-fakhra/]
- Number of Covid patients in hospital falls to 355 [https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0316/1204261-coronavirus-ireland/]
- Settler head urges vaccinating Palestinians, paid for by tax revenues sent to PA [https://www.timesofisrael.com/settler-head-urges-vaccinating-palestinians-paid-for-by-tax-revenues-sent-to-pa/]
- There is no reason for the AstraZeneca vaccinations to be halted [http://en.protothema.gr/national-vaccination-committee-vaccination-with-astrazeneca-continues/]
- AstraZeneca boosts planned US supply of COVID-19 antibody drug [https://www.timesofisrael.com/astrazeneca-boosts-planned-us-supply-of-covid-19-antibody-drug/]
- Thailand resumes use of AstraZeneca vaccine Coronavirus outbreak latest: March 16, 2021 [https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/03/f34bd4204c88-thailand-resumes-use-of-astrazeneca-vaccine.html]
- GLOBALink | Sierra Leonean president, top officials take COVID-19 vaccines [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/268129385/globalink–sierra-leonean-president-top-officials-take-covid-19-vaccines]
- Specialists explain reasons for putting AstraZeneca on hold [https://bnn-news.com/specialists-explain-reasons-for-putting-astrazeneca-on-hold-223001]
- Alexei Tsoi: Over 70,000 Kazakhstanis vaccinated against COVID-19 [https://en.egemen.kz/article/268917-alexei-tsoi-over-70000-kazakhstanis-vaccinated-against-covid-19]
- Pakistani president, wife receive Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine jabs [https://www.inform.kz/en/pakistani-president-wife-receive-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-jabs_a3765065]
- Suga gets vaccine shot ahead of trip to US [https://newsonjapan.com/html/newsdesk/article/130246.php]
- CARPHA says AstraZeneca vaccine in Caribbean different from batch in Europe [https://barbadosunderground.net/2021/03/16/carpha-says-astrazeneca-vaccine-in-caribbean-different-from-batch-in-europe/]
- Egypt detects 631 new coronavirus cases, 40 deaths Monday [https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/1/99743/Egypt-detects-631-new-coronavirus-cases-40-deaths-Monday]
- Fight againstCOVID: India achieves over 3 crore vaccinations [https://theshillongtimes.com/2021/03/16/fight-againstcovid-india-achieves-over-3-crore-vaccinations/]
- National Vaccination Day 2021 [https://www.udayavani.com/english-news/national-vaccination-day-2021]
- India Coronavirus Dispatch: Cases of seasonal flu dip amid Covid [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/india-coronavirus-dispatch-cases-of-seasonal-flu-dip-amid-covid-121031600515_1.html]
- Japan PM receives 1st dose of Pfizer vax [https://www.siasat.com/japan-pm-receives-1st-dose-of-pfizer-vax-2111416/]
- WHO’s safety review of AstraZeneca vax underway [https://www.mangalorean.com/whos-safety-review-of-astrazeneca-vax-underway/]
- 359 million people given Covid vaccine worldwide [https://www.nagpurtoday.in/359-million-people-given-covid-vaccine-worldwide/03161526]
- General public inoculation eyed by May [https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1133789]
- Complacency, new variants contribute to rising Covid-19 cases [https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1133802]
- Russia gifts Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam [https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/russia-gifts-sputnik-v-covid-19-vaccine-to-vietnam-4249221.html]