By IFP Editorial Staff –
Iran has launched the human and clinical trial of another domestically-developed vaccine for the coronavirus, named Fakhra after the late Iranian scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.
That came in a Tuesday ceremony in Tehran where Iranian Health Minister Saeed Namaki and Defence Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami were also present.
He said the vaccine has been produced using domestic scientific achievements and technologies. Namaki said the new COVID-19 vaccine is called Fakhra and is the fourth coronavirus vaccine developed by Iran.
He noted the animal trial phase for the vaccine has successfully been conducted. The Iranian health minister said his country has been unable to procure medicines and medical equipment from abroad to tackle coronavirus due to US sanctions.
However, he added, Iran has not just relied on vaccine imports to tackle the disease as it has produced four coronavirus vaccines so far.
Namaki also said the national vaccination drive will kick off in Iran soon.
- Moon to receive AZ vaccine Tuesday [http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/987020.html]
- Iran starts trial of new homegrown vaccine as campaign lags [https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/mar/16/iran-starts-trial-of-new-homegrown-vaccine-as-camp/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS]
- COVID-19 in Egypt: 631 new cases, total now 191,555 [https://www.egyptindependent.com/covid-19-in-egypt-631-new-cases-total-now-191555/]
- AstraZeneca, U.S. agree 500,000 more supplies of COVID-19 antibody cocktail [https://news.trust.org/item/20210316073737-zcsaz]
- Maldives approves China’s Sinopharm vaccine for emergency use [http://en.kabar.kg/news/maldives-approves-chinas-sinopharm-vaccine-for-emergency-use/]
- Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to start being administered at four new vaccination centres [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-to-start-being-administered-at-four-new-vaccination]
- Japan PM Suga receives COVID-19 vaccine shot ahead of U.S. trip Japan, U.S. express “serious concerns” over China coast guard law [https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/03/f919981d2d3b-breaking-news-japan-pm-suga-receives-1st-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine.html]
- 668 people vaccinated against coronavirus in Georgia in one day [https://agenda.ge/en/news/2021/695]
- MFDA approves Pfizer, Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccines for emergency use [https://raajje.mv/96801]
- Ocugen seeks to sell 100mn Indian vaccine doses in US in 2021 [https://bdnews24.com/coronavirus-pandemic/2021/03/16/ocugen-seeks-to-sell-100mn-indian-vaccine-doses-in-us-in-2021]
- PM: Azerbaijan combating COVID-19 pandemic systematically [https://news.az/news/pm-azerbaijan-combating-covid-19-pandemic-systematically]
- What you need to know about the coronavirus right now [https://bdnews24.com/coronavirus-pandemic/2021/03/16/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-coronavirus-right-now]