Frontliners receive the first dose of the Covid-19 Pfizer vaccine at the Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre March 11, 2021. ― Picture by Ahmad Zamzahuri
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.
KUALA LUMPUR, March 16 — A total of 321,331 individuals have received their first vaccine dose under phase one of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme, as of yesterday.
Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Selangor recorded the highest number, with 38,632 individuals, followed by (34,666), Sarawak (32,028) and Sabah (30,433).
“Kuala Lumpur has 29,937 vaccine recipients; Pahang (25,525), Johor (24,749), Kedah (21,171), Pulau Pinang (18,465), Kelantan (15,877) and Terengganu (14,949).
“In Negri Sembilan, a total of 12,865 individuals have been vaccinated Melaka (8,251), Perlis (7,276), Putrajaya (4,165) and Labuan (2,342),” he said through an infographic posted on his Twitter account, today.
The National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme which was launched on Feb 24 aims to provide immunisation for free to the people in Malaysia, locals and foreigners alike. — Bernama
- Anwar receives Covid-19 vaccine, urges for simpler registration process [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/16/anwar-receives-covid-19-vaccine-urges-for-simpler-registration-process/1958230]
- Thai PM gets first shot of AstraZeneca vaccine after safety scare [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/03/16/thai-pm-gets-first-shot-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-after-safety-scare/1958215]
- Japan PM Suga receives COVID-19 vaccination ahead of Biden meeting in U.S. [https://news.trust.org/item/20210316015550-a4wlp]
- S. Korean PM urges policy allowing people to take time off work after getting vaccine : ARIRANG [https://www.arirang.com/News/News_View.asp?nseq=273900]
- askST: Can I get the Covid-19 vaccine in Singapore if I have allergies or cancer? [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-can-i-get-the-covid-19-vaccine-in-singapore-if-i-have-allergies-or-cancer]
- Suga arranging 3-day trip to Washington from April 8 [https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2021/03/15/suga-arranging-3-day-trip-to-washington-from-april-8.html]
- PM Prayuth takes the shot he refused last week [https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/pm-prayuth-takes-the-shot-he-refused-last-week/]
- Thai PM gets first shot of AstraZeneca vaccine after safety scare [https://bdnews24.com/world/south-east-asia/2021/03/16/thai-pm-gets-first-shot-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-after-safety-scare]
- Moderna begins testing next-generation coronavirus vaccine [https://bdnews24.com/health/2021/03/16/moderna-begins-testing-next-generation-coronavirus-vaccine]
- Ellis: Vaccinated Residents Can Resume Some Activities at Home [https://stthomassource.com/content/2021/03/15/ellis-vaccinated-residents-can-resume-some-activities-at-home/]
- Indonesia expects Moderna, Sinopharm vaccines for private inoculation drive [https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2021/03/15/indonesia-expects-moderna-sinopharm-vaccines-for-private-inoculation-drive.html]
- Tourism Minister Intends to Vaccinate 2 Million Bali Residents [https://en.tempo.co/read/1442599/tourism-minister-intends-to-vaccinate-2-million-bali-residents]
- Update on Bio Farma’s Covid-19 Vaccine Production [https://en.tempo.co/read/1442604/update-on-bio-farmas-covid-19-vaccine-production]
- Australia to send medical team to PNG as it battles COVID-19 outbreak [http://www.pina.com.fj/?p=pacnews&m=read&o=1311366319604ffc3652e697010cc4]
- Most Americans who got first COVID-19 vaccine dose also got final shot: CDC [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/americans-covid-19-vaccine-dose-cdc-14415256]
- US administers 109.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines: CDC [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/us-administers-109-1-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccines-cdc-14415638]
- Over 3.17 crore coronavirus vaccine doses administered so far: Health Ministry [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/over-3-17-crore-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-administered-so-far-health-ministry/articleshow/81517008.cms]