The Covid-19 vaccine developed by China’s Sinopharm has been approved for emergency use in the Maldives, the Maldives Food and Drug Administration (MFDA) announced at a press conference on Monday.
The vaccine made by China National Pharmaceutical Group (Sinopharm) will be given to people aged between 18 and 60, local media reported, citing an official at the MFDA. The MFDA also announced that the vaccine made by Pfizer has also been approved for emergency use, the Xinhua news agency reported.
The Covishield vaccine based on a formula by AstraZeneca and Oxford University and manufactured by the Serum Institute of India was approved for emergency use in late January.
The government of Maldives has been vaccinating its population against the pandemic since February 1, prioritising frontline health workers and other high-risk groups. Vaccinations are available free of charge to residents over the age of 18, including undocumented immigrants.
According to the statistics from the Health Protection Agency (HPA), 206,114 people have been vaccinated as of Sunday. Meanwhile, the total number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the Maldives has reached 21,572, including 64 deaths.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Nurse touts vaccine safety [https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6240802148001]
- Feds will cover 100 percent of Medicaid vaccinations [https://whdh.com/news/feds-will-cover-100-percent-of-medicaid-vaccinations/]
- ‘I don’t need the vaccine’: GOP worries threaten virus fight [https://whdh.com/news/i-dont-need-the-vaccine-gop-worries-threaten-virus-fight/]
- Tyson Foods, JBS USA meatpacking workers receive COVID-19 vaccines [https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-meatpacking-vaccin/tyson-foods-jbs-usa-meatpacking-workers-receive-covid-19-vaccines-idUSKBN2B72U4]
- ‘This Stuff Is Gold’: Few COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Have Been Wasted In Wisconsin [https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/03/15/this-stuff-is-gold-few-covid-19-vaccine-doses-have-been-wasted-in-wisconsin/]
- Health officials: Nearly 9 percent of suburban Cook County residents have been fully vaccinated [https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/3/15/22332758/health-officials-nearly-9-percent-of-suburban-cook-county-residents-have-been-fully-vaccinated]
- Here’s why California may not expand vaccine eligibility for another month [https://abc7news.com/health/heres-why-ca-may-not-open-new-vaccine-tiers-for-another-month/10420622/]
- Moderna testing new coronavirus vaccine that doesn’t require ultra-cold storage [https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/03/15/moderna-testing-new-coronavirus-vaccine-that-doesnt-require-ultra-cold-storage/]
- Average age of Massachusetts coronavirus patients drops amid vaccine rollout [https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/03/15/average-age-of-massachusetts-coronavirus-patients-drops-amid-vaccine-rollout/]
- 13 Investigates more Houston clinics charged patients when getting free COVID-19 vaccine [https://abc13.com/health/houston-clinic-charged-patients-when-getting-covid-vaccine/10420177/]
- Vaccinations averaging 100,000-plus per day; 12 more die of COVID-19 [https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210315/vaccinations-averaging-100000-plus-per-day-12-more-die-of-covid-19]
- Connecticut Announces All Residents 16+ Eligible For Vaccine April 5; Transportation, Public Safety Workers, And More Now Eligible In New Jersey [https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/03/15/covid-vaccine-eligibility-connecticut-new-jersey/]
- Vaccine passports should be free, private and secure, White House says. But who will be issuing them? [https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/03/15/covid-19-vaccine-passports-free-private-secure-white-house-coronavirus/4703360001/]
- One in four House members have opted not to receive Covid-19 vaccine so far [https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/one-four-house-members-have-opted-not-receive-covid-19-n1261156]
- In California: Beyoncé makes Grammy history, COVID vaccine eligibility opens up [https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/2021/03/15/beyonce-makes-grammy-history-covid-vaccine-eligibility-opens-up/4705615001/]
- Mexico City Begins Vaccination Of Elderly With 2nd Component Of Russia’s COVID Vaccine [https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/mexico-city-begins-vaccination-of-elderly-wit-1195113.html]
- UPDATE – Mexico City Begins Vaccination Of Elderly With 2nd Component Of Russia’s COVID Vaccine [https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/update-mexico-city-begins-vaccination-of-el-1195115.html]
- Khairy: Free vaccination at private hospitals under national programme [https://themalaysianreserve.com/2021/03/16/khairy-free-vaccination-at-private-hospitals-under-national-programme/]