Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Monday said negligence towards COVID-19 appropriate behaviour is the main reason behind rising cases, adding that few states account for more than 80 per cent of the cases.
He stressed that coronavirus appropriate behaviour like wearing masks and maintaining social distancing should be followed despite the availability of vaccine against the disease.
Vardhan was speaking during the sixth mega health camp for super-specialist consultations for parliamentarians held in Parliament House Annexe. The camp was inaugurated by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla in the presence of the health minister, a health ministry statement said.
Minister of Parliamentary Affairs Pralhad Venkatesh Joshi, Minister of State for Health Ashwini Choubey, Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh and other dignitaries were also present at the event.
Talking about the health facilities provided at Parliament House Annexe medical centre round the year, Vardhan said services of specialists from various specialties are available along with the provision for laboratory investigations, X-ray and ultrasound facilities.
“In the camps organised during the last few years, a large number of beneficiaries, including MPs, ex-MPs, their family members and other staff members, availed of the services. In-house arrangements have also been made for COVID testing and vaccine administration this year,” he was quoted as saying in the statement.
Speaking on rising COVID-19 cases in India, the health minister said, Only few states account for more than 80 per cent of the rising cases. The negligence towards COVID appropriate behaviour is the main reason behind it. It is important to ascertain that COVID appropriate behaviour is followed even after the vaccine is available.”
He also said the COVID-19 vaccination drive should be made a Jan Andolan (people’s movement) by raising awareness among the masses.
The total vaccination doses in the country are nearing 3 crore and the vaccination drive is rapidly catching up, Vardhan added.
Apart from usual services, specialised super specialist consultations are being offered to members of parliament, including cardiology, neurology, endocrinology and gastroenterology. Ayush services and nutritional services are also offered, it said.
In the camp held in December 2019, almost 240 members of parliament availed of the services. In today’s camp, super speciality services in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery and pulmonology with specialists from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) have been introduced, the statement added.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- COVID-19 recovery rate in Bahrain hits nearly 95% as vaccination campaign picks up [https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/604434/World/Mena/COVID-19-recovery-rate-in-Bahrain-hits-nearly-95-as-vaccination-campaign-picks-up]
- President Alvi, wife Samina Alvi receive COVID-19 vaccine in Islamabad [https://www.samaa.tv/news/2021/03/president-alvi-wife-samina-alvi-receive-covid-19-vaccine-in-islamabad/]
- Fauci: US Normalcy Soon, but Cautions on Premature Easing of COVID Restrictions [https://www.laopdrnewsgazette.com/fauci-us-normalcy-soon-but-cautions-on-premature-easing-of-covid-restrictions/]
- COVID-19: Ukraine to issue international vaccine certificates [https://covid.unian.info/covid-19-ukraine-to-issue-international-vaccine-certificates-11353171.html]
- Studies show Iran’s Coviran Barekat coronavirus vaccine 90% effective: Health official [https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2021/03/15/647358/Iran-vaccine-Coviran-Barekat-Hamed-Hosseini-effectiveness-]
- President lauds supplying COVID19 vaccine in Iran [https://irannewsdaily.com/2021/03/president-lauds-supplying-covid19-vaccine-in-iran/]
- First shot against COVID-19 reduces probability of infection by 76% – Zelensky [https://covid.unian.info/covid-19-first-shot-reduces-probability-of-infection-by-76-zelensky-11353204.html]
- Will Japan’s Olympics Be Rescued by China’s Vaccine? [https://thediplomat.com/2021/03/will-japans-olympics-be-rescued-by-chinas-vaccine/]
- Somalia Receives 300,000 Doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine [https://www.somtribune.com/2021/03/15/somalia-receives-300000-doses-of-the-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=somalia-receives-300000-doses-of-the-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine]
- Ugandan leader ‘weighing up’ which Covid-19 vaccine to take [https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/ugandan-leader-weighing-up-which-covid-19-vaccine-to-take-5dc33fd3-25e7-523f-a726-b30ee4766a4a]
- Under 18 Children Spared From Covid-19 Vaccine [https://www.faceofmalawi.com/2021/03/15/under-18-children-spared-from-covid-19-vaccine/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=under-18-children-spared-from-covid-19-vaccine]
- Adamawa Receives 59,280 Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine [https://aljazirahnews.com/adamawa-receives-59280-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine/]
- COVID-19 vaccine ads expected in next few weeks as part of $250 million Biden administration campaign [https://whdh.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-ads-expected-in-next-few-weeks-as-part-of-250-million-biden-administration-campaign/]
- …Vaccine Safe, Not Compulsory – Governor [https://aljazirahnews.com/vaccine-safe-not-compulsory-governor/]
- Curfew is from 9pm until 4:30 starting March 15 No punishment for former minister Alcalá-Wallé Poll: Gain for MFK and PNP, loss for PAR and MAN Welcome [https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/curfew-is-from-9pm-until-430-starting-march-15/]
- Senior Living: Companies pan for marketing gold in coronavirus vaccines [https://www.pe.com/2021/03/15/senior-living-companies-pan-for-marketing-gold-in-coronavirus-vaccines/]
- Turkey aims to have its own vaccine by end of 2021 [https://www.inform.kz/en/turkey-aims-to-have-its-own-vaccine-by-end-of-2021_a3764624]
- Malaysia to roll out Sinovac’s COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.inform.kz/en/malaysia-to-roll-out-sinovac-s-covid-19-vaccine_a3764623]
- Chile is Covid-19 vaccination champion in Latin America, among top in world. [https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/chile-covid-19-vaccination-champion-latin-america-top-world-rcna414]
- Brazil Official Who Proposed Bill Against Mandatory COVID Vaccination Dies of Coronavirus [https://www.newsweek.com/silvio-antonio-favero-brazil-mandatory-covid-vaccination-dies-coronavirus-1576178]
- Biden readies campaign to combat vaccine skeptics [https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/15/biden-combat-vaccine-hesitancy-476009]
- Facebook announces plans to aid COVID-19 vaccine rollout, combat misinformation [https://abcnews.go.com/Business/facebook-announces-plans-aid-covid-19-vaccine-rollout/story?id=76463441]
- Advocates seek to prioritize at-home vaccines for homebound seniors [https://abcnews.go.com/US/advocates-seek-prioritize-home-vaccines-homebound-seniors/story?id=76426858]
- Facebook to label all Covid-19 vaccination posts, launch sign-up website [https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/facebook-label-covid-19-vaccination-posts-launch-sign-website-rcna412]