Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 1:28pm
General Secretary of RMT responds to lockdown
Steam Packet workers must not be blamed for the latest outbreak of Covid-19 on the Island.
That’s from the RMT union after government identified a crew member on the Ben-my-Chree as the ‘index case’ of a recent cluster.
Health Minister David Ashford says it’s not known if further unexplained cases are linked to the publicly-owned ferry company.
General Secretary Mick Cash says the union supports government’s decision to impose a 21-day lockdown.
But in a statement he says: ‘It’s important to remember that steam packet workers have kept the island’s people, health services and businesses supplied throughout the pandemic and will continue to do so.’
Mr Cash adds: ‘They must not be blamed for this outbreak and the RMT will work with all parties to ensure infection rates are suppressed, and brought back under control, ahead of a successful re-opening of the Manx economy.’
Howard Quayle stops short of independent inquiry
Measures may not be necessary after further vaccine rollout
Letters being set to 65-70 year olds
Food service arm takes the hit as hospitality shuts down
Chief Minister to lead coronavirus briefing at 4pm
NASUWT rep says schools ‘need a day or two’ to adjust
- Vaccination programme will continue during lockdown [https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/vaccination-programme-will-continue-during-lockdown/]
- Vermont prison has 100 inmate, 8 staff cases of COVID-19 [https://whdh.com/news/vermont-prison-has-100-inmate-8-staff-cases-of-covid-19/]
- Parler’s Interim CEO Mark Meckler Bashes Mask Wearing As ‘Psycho-Social Experiment’ [https://www.newsweek.com/parler-interim-ceo-mark-meckler-face-masks-covid-psycho-social-experiment-1573424]
- Over 148,000 Children To Be Immunized Against Polio In Malakand From Mar 29: DC [https://www.urdupoint.com/en/pakistan/over-148000-children-to-be-immunized-against-1183433.html]
- Hungary’s Opposition Parties Demand Repeal of New Healthcare Bill [https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-healthcare-workers-bill-coronavirus-opposition-parties/]