As many as 14,989 new COVID-19 cases and 98 deaths were reported from India in the last 24 hours, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare informed on Wednesday.
With 13,123 fresh recoveries, the cumulative discharges reached 1,08,12,044.
The total coronavirus caseload in the country has gone up to 1,11,39,516, including 1,70,126 active cases and 1,57,346 deaths.
As per the Health Ministry, a total of 1,56,20,749 people in the country have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
The second round of the nation-wide vaccination drive is currently underway, and several national leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
As per the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), as many as 21,84,03,277 samples have been tested for the coronavirus as of Tuesday, including 7,85,220 in the last 24 hours.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Goa CM administered Covid-19 vaccine [https://www.siasat.com/goa-cm-administered-covid-19-vaccine-2102057/]
- India records over 14K Covid-19 cases [https://www.siasat.com/india-records-over-14k-covid-19-cases-2101949/]
- Azerbaijan reveals number of people vaccinated against COVID-19 [https://report.az/en/health/azerbaijan-unveils-number-of-people-vaccinated-against-covid-19/]
- Roque says AstraZeneca vaccines arriving on March 4 [https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1132422]
- 2 community cases among 23 new COVID-19 infections in Singapore [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-moh-new-cases-community-imported-dormitory-mar-3-14320570]
- UAE: Covid cases in ‘slow, steady’ decline, thanks to mass vaccination drive [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/uae-covid-cases-in-slow-steady-decline-thanks-to-mass-vaccination-drive]
- S.Korea probes deaths of two who received AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine [https://news.trust.org/item/20210303063042-mep6c]
- Ulema Council Members Receive Covid-19 Vaccines [https://en.tempo.co/read/1438320/ulema-council-members-receive-covid-19-vaccines]
- Govt plans to set up 61 vaccination centres [https://sloveniatimes.com/govt-plans-to-set-up-61-vaccination-centres/]
- Perak receives another batch of Covid-19 vaccines today [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/03/03/perak-receives-another-batch-of-covid-19-vaccines-today/1954477]
- U.S. on track to secure enough vaccine supply for all adults by May Coronavirus outbreak latest: March 3, 2021 [https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/03/edd1a8abe32f-us-on-track-to-secure-enough-vaccine-supply-for-all-adults-by-may.html]
- Live COVID-19 updates: S. Korea reports 444 new cases [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267990306/live-covid-19-updates-s-korea-reports-444-new-cases]
- Covid-19 Vaccination Enacted for Indonesian Army Personnel [https://en.tempo.co/read/1438342/covid-19-vaccination-enacted-for-indonesian-army-personnel]
- Woman who got coronavirus vaccine dies, no inoculation link for now [https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2021/03/02/woman-who-got-coronavirus-vaccine-dies-no-inoculation-link-for-now.html]
- Number of seriously ill COVID patients drops to lowest point since December 30 [https://www.timesofisrael.com/number-of-seriously-ill-covid-patients-drops-to-lowest-point-since-december-30/]
- Chinese ingredients for COVID-19 vaccine arrive in Brazil [https://macauhub.com.mo/2021/03/03/20210303006/]
- S.Korea probing two deaths after AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/03/03/s.korea-probing-two-deaths-after-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine/1954460]
- Austria and Denmark plan vaccines with Israel to bolster slow EU supply [https://dailynewshungary.com/austria-and-denmark-plan-vaccines-with-israel-to-bolster-slow-eu-supply/]
- Live COVID-19 updates: Angola begins vaccination rollout [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267990361/live-covid-19-updates-angola-begins-vaccination-rollout]
- ‘Reasons to be hopeful’ as Covid hospital numbers fall [https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0303/1200538-coronavirus-ireland/]
- Hong Kong probes death of man who received Chinese vaccine [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267990241/hong-kong-probes-death-of-man-who-received-chinese-vaccine]
- Thailand’s COVID-19 vaccine registration to begin early May [https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thailands-covid-19-vaccine-registration-to-begin-early-may/]
- Opposition MP begs for vaccine to save his life [https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/opposition-mp-begs-for-vaccine-to-save-his-life/article_da67bdd0-7bbc-11eb-afad-8f922308d34d.html]