January 31, 2021 | 5:21pm
It’s not the one that she wants.
Olivia Newton-John said she has no plans yet to get the COVID-19 vaccine, despite being eligible in her home state of California, where they’re being offered to older adults.
When asked if she’d get the shot, the 72-year-old actress said, “Not at this point, no,” Australia’s Herald Sun newspaper reported.
The “Grease” star, who is currently battling stage-four breast cancer, would qualify for the vaccine since it’s available to Californians ages 65 and older.
Newton-John didn’t elaborate on her decision, but her daughter, Chloe Lattanzi, explained in the interview her own take on vaccines, the Independent reported.
“I’m not an anti-vaxxer. I’m anti putting mercury and pesticides in my body, which are in a lot of vaccines,” said 35-year-old Lattanzi, who has no medical qualifications and provided no evidence to back up her controversial reasoning.
She explained that she no longer trusts doctors, claiming that she’s done her own “research” on vaccinations.
“To me real medicine is what comes from the earth. I think people trust vaccines because the doctor says it is safe, I used to,” Lattanzi said.
Lattanzi said that she wished she had never been vaccinated for anything.
‘RHOC’ star Braunwyn Windham-Burke celebrates one year of …
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 cases on decline in Azerbaijan [https://report.az/en/health/ministry-of-health-we-observe-decreasing-trend-in-covid-19-cases/]
- AskST: Why you need to get your Covid-19 shots [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-why-you-need-to-get-your-covid-19-shots]
- The AstraZeneca vaccine and over-65s: we may not have all the data yet, but limiting access could be counterproductive [https://theconversation.com/the-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-over-65s-we-may-not-have-all-the-data-yet-but-limiting-access-could-be-counterproductive-154272]
- Covid-19 vaccines can’t currently be given to S’poreans who wish to travel overseas, due to limited supplies: Janil [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/parliament-vaccines-cannot-currently-be-given-to-singaporeans-who-wish-to-travel-overseas]
- Some test positive after being vaccinated, including 2 Mass. lawmakers. Here’s why. [https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2021/01/31/positive-test-after-vaccine-explainer]
- Some Covid test positive after being vaccinated. Here is why [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/some-covid-test-positive-after-being-vaccinated-here-is-why/articleshow/80620750.cms]
- Scientists fear COVID-19 variant is ‘taking the edge off’ vaccines [https://www.smh.com.au/national/scientists-fear-covid-19-variant-is-taking-the-edge-off-vaccines-20210201-p56yca.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- Vaccine skepticism lurks in town famous for syphilis study [https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/02/vaccine-skepticism-lurks-in-town-famous-for-syphilis-study/]