Amman, Jan. 31 (Petra) — Minister of Health, Nathir Obeidat, said that 40,000 citizens received the coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine.
“Health personnel were the largest group of those who received the vaccine in the first phase, followed by the elderly,” Obeidat said in a press conference held Sunday in the Prime Ministry.
He added that appointments for citizens who didn’t receive the vaccine will be scheduled in the next phase.
He noted that the total number of infections with the mutated strain of the coronavirus rose to 350.
He pointed out that there are negative indicators regarding the epidemiological situation, including an increase in positive infections for three consecutive days, especially in Amman, while it reached 5.55 percent throughout the Kingdom, in addition to the increase in infections compared to yesterday and the past few days.
The minister said that there is a reassessment of the mitigating measures that were taken weeks before, such as reducing hours of the night curfew and canceling Fridays blanket lockdown, in addition to opening some sectors.
He explained that the lack of commitment to public safety measures such as wearing masks and physical distancing, especially in facilities that have reopened, including restaurants and commercial markets, may cause a setback in the epidemiological situation.
The health minister confirmed Pfizer will resume supplying the Kingdom with the vaccine as of mid-February, and that COVAX facility will provide Jordan with vaccines during the coming weeks, noting that the government will assess the local epidemiological situation next Thursday, to take a decision regarding the reopening of schools, which is scheduled for February 7.
Regarding payments due on Libyan citizens in favor of private hospitals, the minister said that negotiations with the Libyan government are taking place in this regard.
- COVID-19 LIVE UPDATES | SA to receive first batch of Covid-19 vaccines [https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-02-01-covid-19-live-updates-sa-to-receive-first-batch-of-covid-19-vaccines/]
- Coronavirus: Five nurses dead, over 800 infected – GRNMA [http://ghheadlines.com/agency/ghana-web-/20210201/143484093/coronavirus-five-nurses-dead-over-800-infected-grnma]
- UK NHS Says Every Care Home Resident In England Now Offered COVID-19 Vaccine [https://www.urdupoint.com/en/world/uk-nhs-says-every-care-home-resident-in-engla-1156498.html]
- UK breaks vaccination record with 1.1million doses in 24hours – 9,468,382 jabs so far [https://newslanes.com/uk-breaks-vaccination-record-with-1-1million-doses-in-24hours-9468382-jabs-so-far/]
- Coronavirus update, Feb. 1, 2021: distribution of Moderna vaccine to start in the Czech Republic PES score rises but still at the fourth level, Novavax will be delayed, Health Ministry wants student testing to be free. [https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/coronavirus-update-feb-1-2021-distribution-of-moderna-vaccine-to-start]
- Government has a proper Covid-19 vaccine rollout plan in place, insists Williams [https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/government-has-a-proper-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-plan-in-place-insists-williams–6e9b25fd-c359-4a1b-b444-c804662362c1]
- First batch of coronavirus vaccines due to arrive in South Africa [https://clubofmozambique.com/news/first-batch-of-coronavirus-vaccines-due-to-arrive-in-south-africa-183361/]
- Variety of Approved Covid Vaccines Advantageous for Hungary, says Med Uni Rector [https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-covid-vaccines-approvement-merkely/]
- UK records another 21,088 coronavirus cases, 587 deaths [https://www.mangalorean.com/uk-records-another-21088-coronavirus-cases-587-deaths/]
- UK trains volunteer vaccine army in COVID-19 inoculation race [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/uk-volunteer-vaccine-covid-19-inoculation-pfizer-astrazeneca-14085948]
- Social distancing may have to remain in place âuntil end of yearâ [https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/linda-ikeji-blog/2021/02/01/social-distancing-may-have-to-remain-in-place-a%c2%80%c2%98until-end-of-yeara%c2%80%c2%99/]
- Australia reopens ‘travel bubble’ with New Zealand [https://www.news24.com/news24/World/News/australia-reopens-travel-bubble-with-new-zealand-20210131]
- Covid-19 wrap | Vaccines offered to England care homes, Japan expected to extend state of emergency [https://www.news24.com/news24/World/News/covid-19-wrap-vaccines-offered-to-england-care-homes-japan-expected-to-extend-state-of-emergency-20210201]
- Quality assurance guarantee as first Covid-19 vaccines land in SA [https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-02-01-quality-assurance-guarantee-as-first-covid-19-vaccines-land-in-sa/]
- EU pushes vaccinations, but fresh virus protests [https://asiatimes.com/2021/02/eu-pushes-vaccinations-but-fresh-virus-protests/]