As Illinois enters the next phase, 1b, in our vaccination efforts, the Tribune will talk to University of Chicago Medicine’s Dr. Emily Landon on Monday about what comes next.
A lot is happening right now in our state and in our country. President Joe Biden has promised to revamp the vaccination effort and speed up the rollout, releasing more doses. In Illinois, we will enter phase 1b on Monday. Anyone older than 65 can be vaccinated during this phase, along with essential workers such as teachers and public transportation workers. The Tribune will talk to Landon, who is an infectious diseases expert, about what this means for Illinois residents and what people can expect as we continue with the vaccine rollout. She has joined the Tribune for previous Facebook Lives.
As the head of the University of Chicago’s academic health system’s infection control and prevention efforts, she has helped steer University of Chicago Medicine, the University of Chicago and its affiliates through the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to her pandemic work, Landon is a medical ethicist at the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics and a researcher who focuses on the appropriate use of antibiotics and other antimicrobials, as well as the best ways to protect patients from health care-associated infections. She is also a national expert on the automated monitoring of hand hygiene.
The link to the Facebook Live stream will go live on the Tribune’s Facebook page Jan. 25 at 12:30 p.m. Our COVID-19 Q&A is continuously updated. If you have a question that we haven’t answered yet there, send it to chicagotribune.com/ask.
Copyright © 2021, Chicago Tribune
- Biden administration unveils COVID strategy to ‘rebuild trust’ [https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/21/biden-administration-unveils-covid-initiative-to-rebuild-trust]
- FACTBOX-Biden’s plan to fight the coronavirus [https://news.trust.org/item/20210121161054-tq7kc]
- US to join global coronavirus vaccine programme [https://www.siasat.com/us-to-join-global-coronavirus-vaccine-programme-2072888/]
- Biden Team Blasts Trump’s COVID Response: “Worse Than We Could Have Imagined” [https://truthout.org/articles/biden-team-blasts-trumps-covid-response-worse-than-we-could-have-imagined/]
- Amazon wants to help President Biden with COVID-19 vaccination goal [https://abc13.com/society/amazon-has-plan-to-help-biden-reach-100m-vaccination-goal/9851844/]
- Biden to sign COVID-19 measures to address masks, schools, travel [https://abc13.com/politics/biden-to-sign-covid-19-measures-to-address-masks-schools-travel/9871458/]