The UAE has administered more than 2 million doses of the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19) vaccine to date, authorities announced on Tuesday.
Official data released on Tuesday said 93,846 doses of the vaccine were administered in the last 24 hours. This takes the total number of doses administered to 2.06 million.
The net dose rate is 20.88 per 100 people.
Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, the UAE Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, confirmed this figure as he delivered the opening address of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, a virtual event.
The minister said that amid the pandemic, the global supply chains were tested like never before but the UAE leadership turned challenges into opportunity, which helped the country lead the vaccination drive.
“In the UAE, our leadership viewed the Covid-19 experience as an opportunity to reflect, to strengthen our resource security and reinforce critical supply chain. This approach ensured that we were able to test, re-test and test again every single person living here in the UAE. It allowed us to lead the way in vaccinations, with more than 2 million doses given so far, representing the second highest ratio in the world. It ensured that we had more than enough medical supplies and allowed us to share with 120 countries in need. In short, it allowed us to protect our population, help our economy recover and help others around the world. What we learnt from Covid-19 is that when humanity comes together there is no challenge we cannot overcome,” said Dr Al Jaber.
- Covid-19: Pakistan approves Sinopharm vaccine for emergency use [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/covid-19-pakistan-approves-sinopharm-vaccine-for-emergency-use]
- Vaccine drive expands as Covid probe criticises global response [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/vaccine-drive-expands-as-covid-probe-criticises-global-response]
- S. Korea ̔s First Case of Covid-19: One Year On : ARIRANG [https://www.arirang.com/News/News_View.asp?nseq=271077]
- On average, 48.8 people dying of coronavirus across Pakistan since Jan 2021 started [https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/776638-pakistans-covid]
- Countries step up vaccination campaigns [https://manilastandard.net/news/world-news/344799/countries-step-up-vaccination-campaigns.html]
- “Mass vaccination is the only way to defeat the virus” VIDEO [https://www.b92.net/eng/news/society.php?yyyy=2021&mm=01&dd=19&nav_id=110210]
- India to start COVID-19 vaccine exports as soon as Wednesday: sources [https://thehimalayantimes.com/world/india-to-start-covid-19-vaccine-exports-as-soon-as-wednesday-sources/]
- World faces ‘catastrophic moral failure’ over Covid-19 vaccines [https://muslimnews.co.uk/news/united-nations/world-faces-catastrophic-moral-failure-covid-19-vaccines/]
- Vučić and Brnabić chair the state leadership session: “Mass vaccination begins” [https://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics.php?yyyy=2021&mm=01&dd=19&nav_id=110204]
- Loncar: “We are worried about a new strain of coronavirus, it has arrived in Hungary” [https://www.b92.net/eng/news/society.php?yyyy=2021&mm=01&dd=19&nav_id=110209]
- Kyrgyzstan to receive 500 thsd doses of Russian COVID-19 vaccine within 2-3 months [http://en.kabar.kg/news/kyrgyzstan-to-receive-500-thsd-doses-of-russian-covid-19-vaccine-within-2-3-months/]
- Japan says vaccination not required for Olympics [https://themalaysianreserve.com/2021/01/19/japan-says-vaccination-not-required-for-olympics/]
- COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout: Malta Among the Top 10 Countries Worldwide Latest: Bay Way Hoodie (Unisex) Read more: [https://bay.com.mt/nn-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-malta-among-the-top-10-countries-worldwide/]
- Palestinians expect first Covid vaccine by weekend [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/01/19/palestinians-expect-first-covid-vaccine-by-weekend/1942033]
- Israelis aged 40+ start receiving vaccines in race to halt record infections [https://www.timesofisrael.com/israelis-aged-40-start-receiving-vaccines-in-race-to-halt-record-infections/]
- Palestinian shipment of Russian Sputnik vaccine delayed [https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-shipment-of-russian-sputnik-vaccine-delayed/]
- UAE Covid vaccination doses cross two million [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/19/welsh-health-minister-denies-vaccines-being-held-back/]
- Hungary among the first countries to join the vaccine certification platform [https://dailynewshungary.com/hungary-among-the-first-countries-to-join-the-vaccine-certification-platform/]
- Hungary confirms 537 new coronavirus infection, a record low since September [https://dailynewshungary.com/hungary-confirms-537-new-coronavirus-infection-a-record-low-since-september/]
- No travel benefits for Covid vaccine recipients [https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-travel-benefits-for-covid-vaccine-recipients/]
- Donnelly says ‘about 1.9%’ of population vaccinated [https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0119/1190598-coronavirus-vaccine/]
- Hard-hit California has virus variant, halts vaccine lot [https://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202101/19/WS600658eaa31024ad0baa38f5.html]
- India to start vaccine exports from Wednesday [https://www.dhakatribune.com/world/south-asia/2021/01/19/india-to-start-vaccine-exports-from-wednesday]
- Bhutanese family living abroad shares the experience of receiving the first dose of Pfizer vaccine [http://www.bbs.bt/news/?p=142462]
- Cambodian PM Hun Sen seeks India’s assistance for vaccine [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267580824/cambodian-pm-hun-sen-seeks-india-assistance-for-vaccine]
- Health Minister: Vaccine to be rolled out in Dhaka first [https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2021/01/19/health-minister-vaccine-to-be-rolled-out-in-dhaka-first]
- How the government plans to preserve Covid-19 vaccines [https://www.dhakatribune.com/health/coronavirus/2021/01/19/how-government-plans-to-preserve-covid-19-vaccine]
- Turkey starts vaccinating citizens in nursing homes against COVID-19 [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267580963/turkey-starts-vaccinating-citizens-in-nursing-homes-against-covid-19]
- Australia to go ahead with Pfizer vaccine despite elderly deaths: vaccine adviser [https://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202101/19/WS60064470a31024ad0baa384a.html]
- Philippine President Duterte wants to get China’s Sinovac vaccine shots: spokesman [http://en.people.cn/n3/2021/0119/c90000-9811057.html]
- Turkish doctors hail Chinese vaccine drive as hope against COVID-19 [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267577420/turkish-doctors-hail-chinese-vaccine-drive-as-hope-against-covid-19]
- GLOBALink | Brazil launches mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267580664/globalink–brazil-launches-mass-covid-19-vaccination-campaign]
- First 30 minutes after vaccination crucial to detect side effects [https://www.dhakatribune.com/health/coronavirus/2021/01/19/first-30mins-after-vaccination-crucial-to-catch-side-effects]
- UAE Covid vaccination doses cross two million [https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/01/19/pr-chief-hopes-island-to-be-vaccinated-by-autumn/]