Guernsey’s new system to book vaccination appointments went live at 8 am on Saturday 16th January 2021.
Thanks to a special delivery organised by Guernsey Post, the first batch of islanders in this 75 years and older vaccine cohort were able to start booking their appointments over the weekend. These patients will be the first to receive their vaccinations in the new Community Vaccination Centre at Beau Sejour which will open on 25th January 2021.
Just over 400 letters were delivered on Saturday morning. The Contact Centre, which is open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am until 12 noon Saturday and Sunday, received a steady stream of calls over the weekend. In total, 128 individuals were booked in for their initial vaccination and their second dose 6 weeks later.
Toni Airley, Vaccine Contact Centre Manager said: “I am pleased we have now launched the Vaccine Contact Centre. This represents a significant step forward in our response to COVID-19. We did hear from some who were apologising for contacting us over the weekend. There is no need to be concerned about bothering us, we are here 7 days a week to help.
“Letters for the remainder of the 75 years and over cohort will continue to be sent out in batches this week. We will then move down the prioritised cohorts as published here”
Those who have received their invitation letters and wish to make an appointment are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. Family members can make appointments on behalf of individuals if that is easier.
- Coronavirus: First batch of vaccines sent to the north [https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/18/coronavirus-first-batch-of-vaccines-sent-to-the-north/]
- Coronavirus: Latest vaccine appointments all booked in an hour [https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/18/coronavirus-latest-vaccine-appointments-all-booked-in-an-hour/]
- Vaccinations among hospital staff start in Belgium [https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/health/150018/vaccinations-among-hospital-staff-start-in-belgium-pfizer-biontech/]
- I expect Bulgaria to receive bigger Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine shipments in late February-March: Chief Health Inspector [https://bnr.bg/en/post/101406338/i-expect-the-country-to-receive-bigger-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-shipments-in-late-february-march-chief-health-inspector]
- Bulgaria starts second phase of coronavirus vaccination [https://bnr.bg/en/post/101406090/bulgaria-starts-second-phase-of-coronavirus-vaccination]
- Minister of Health, medical professionals received the second dose of Covid-19 vaccine [https://bnt.bg/news/minister-of-health-medical-professionals-received-the-second-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-290432news.html]
- Those immunized against Covid-19 will receive the second dose of the vaccine in time [https://bnr.bg/en/post/101406123/those-immunized-against-covid-19-will-receive-the-second-dose-of-the-vaccine-in-time]