Multiple US states are running behind schedule in vaccine supply for all their residents, blaming the federal government for misleading them on when the next shipment would arrive. The incoming Biden administration is unveiling its own $1.9 trillion plan to ramp up the rollout effort. Meanwhile doctors remain optimistic current vaccines will be effective in fighting the highly contagious UK strain of COVID-19, which many experts predict will be the dominant strain of the virus by March.
- UN head warns of ‘vaccinationalism’ [https://dailyasianage.com/news/252619/un-head-warns-of–vaccinationalism]
- Former Ashkenazi chief rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau tests positive for coronavirus [https://www.timesofisrael.com/former-ashkenazi-chief-rabbi-yisrael-meir-lau-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/]
- Out and About in Tel Aviv: A City Under Lockdown? [https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/out-and-about-in-tel-aviv-a-city-under-lockdown/]
- France starts 6pm curfew to slow coronavirus [https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/16/france-starts-6pm-curfew-to-slow-coronavirus/]
- U.S. Says Wuhan Researchers Fell Ill in Fall of 2019, Calls for Transparency [https://www.newsweek.com/us-says-wuhan-researchers-fell-ill-fall-2019-calls-transparency-1562179]
- More than four million COVID jabs administered in UK [https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6223475708001]