BROOKLINE, MASS. (WHDH) – A Brookline spa is preparing to deliver coronavirus vaccines as Massachusetts looks to increase its vaccine rollout.
The state’s COVID-19 vaccine program allows health care providers and organizations to administer the vaccine after registering with the Massachusetts Immunization System. Once approved, employees are trained how to receive, store and give the vaccine.
Diana Brouillard, the owner of Dream Spa Medical, said the site has been approved and is waiting for its doses.
“I thought we’re already a licensed healthcare clinic, why not utilize that platform to service the community and help stop the spread,” Brouillard said. “You wouldn’t think we’d be doing the vaccine but we do Botox injections all day every day and we do filler injections all sorts of injections into the face which are very precise injections so we’re definitely trained and adequate and performing the vaccinations.”
(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- U.S. COVID-19 vaccine supplies strain to meet wider eligibility, second doses [https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/u-s-covid-19-vaccine-supplies-strain-to-meet-wider-eligibility-second-doses-idUSKBN29M005]
- Brooklyn site runs out of COVID vaccine shots as NYC faces looming shortage [https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/brooklyn-site-runs-out-of-covid-vaccines-as-nyc-faces-shortage/]
- Brookline’s Dream Spa Medical Given Approval To Administer COVID Vaccines [https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/01/16/dream-spa-medical-in-brookline-covid-19-vaccines/]
- HealthPartners Researchers To Study COVID Vaccine Impact On Pregnancy [https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/01/16/healthpartners-researchers-to-study-covid-vaccine-impact-on-pregnancy/]
- COVID Vaccine: More Distribution Sites Open Across NYC While New Yorkers Say Appointments Are Vanishing, Being Rescheduled [https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/01/16/covid-vaccine-more-distribution-sites-open-across-nyc-while-new-yorkers-say-appointments-are-vanishing-being-rescheduled/]
- Va.’s ability to provide coronavirus vaccine improves, but supply will be limited until March [https://wtop.com/virginia/2021/01/va-s-ability-to-provide-coronavirus-vaccine-improves-but-supply-will-be-limited-until-march/]
- Happy I got Covaxin shot, urge people to drop doubts: NITI Aayog’s VK Paul [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/happy-i-got-covaxin-shot-urge-people-to-drop-doubts-niti-aayogs-vk-paul/articleshow/80306585.cms]
- First case of COVID-19 UK variant confirmed in Los Angeles County [https://www.pe.com/2021/01/16/first-case-of-covid-19-uk-variant-confirmed-in-los-angeles-county/]
- For many Massachusetts seniors most at risk of dying of coronavirus, a long wait for the vaccine [https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/01/16/for-many-seniors-most-at-risk-of-dying-if-they-contract-the-coronavirus-a-long-wait-for-the-vaccine/]
- Los Angeles becomes first county to hit 1 million Covid-19 cases [https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/los-angeles-becomes-first-county-hit-1-million-covid-19-n1254498]
- Kansas nurses refuse to give COVID-19 vaccines [https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/kansas-nurses-refuse-to-give-covid-19-vaccines/]
- Frustrations boil at pace of vaccinations at long-term care facilities [https://www.boston.com/uncategorized/national-news/2021/01/16/frustrations-boil-pace-of-vaccinations-long-term-care-facilities]
- It’s ‘confusing,’ but it’s coming. The latest on COVID-19 vaccinations for suburban seniors. [https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210116/its-confusing-but-its-coming-the-latest-on-covid-19-vaccinations-for-suburban-seniors]