Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy kickstarted the statewide Coronavirus vaccination programme on Saturday from Vijayawada.
He started it at the government general hospital (GGH) in Vijayawada, where he personally observed a frontline worker receiving the vaccine.
“Across the state, 3.87 lakh people have been scheduled to receive the vaccine shot at 332 centres,” said an official statement.
The state government has shipped the vaccine shots to all the districts from the central storage warehouse at Gannavaram near Vijayawada.
B. Pushpa Kumari, working as a sweeper in the health department received the first Covishield vaccine shot, made by the Pune-based Serum Institute of India.
Later, Reddy personally observed a nurse, Ch. Naga Jyothi, being administered the vaccine.
After Jyothi, operation theatre assistant P. Jayakumar, general physician L. Pranitha and B. Basaveshwar received the vaccine shots.
In Vizianagaram district, Municipal Minister Botsca Satyanarayana launched the vaccination programme in the presence of local MLA Kolagotla Veera Bhadra Swamy, district collector M. Hari Jawaharlal and other officials.
Satyanarayana said vaccination will start at all Assembly constituencies in Vizianagaram from Saturday.
In the first phase, 26,000 frontline works discharging duties at government and private hospitals will receive the vaccine.
As many as 15 hospitals have started the vaccination drive in the north Andhra district.
- Jab drive begins at 26 centres in Nellore [https://www.thehansindia.com/andhra-pradesh/jab-drive-begins-at-26-centres-in-nellore-667043]
- Kurnool: Shun myths on Covid vaccine, Collector Veera Pandiyan tells people [https://www.thehansindia.com/andhra-pradesh/kurnool-shun-myths-on-covid-vaccine-collector-veera-pandiyan-tells-people-667049]
- Kadapa: Deputy CM Amzath Basha hails scientists for Covid shot [https://www.thehansindia.com/andhra-pradesh/kadapa-deputy-cm-amzath-basha-hails-scientists-for-covid-shot-667046]
- India begins world’s biggest COVID-19 vaccination drive [http://ghheadlines.com/agency/ghana-business-news/20210116/142910071/india-begins-worlds-biggest-covid-19-vaccination-drive]
- Health workers at Delhi hospital ‘happy’ after getting vaccinated [https://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20210116/3692251.html]
- India kicks off ‘world’s largest’ COVID-19 vaccination drive [https://www.timesofisrael.com/india-kicks-off-worlds-largest-covid-19-vaccination-drive/]
- A mix of pride and doubts as Modi launches India’s COVID-19 vaccine drive [https://bdnews24.com/neighbours/2021/01/16/a-mix-of-pride-and-doubts-as-modi-launches-indias-covid-19-vaccine-drive]
- India begins world’s biggest COVID-19 vaccination drive [https://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2021/01/16/india-begins-worlds-biggest-covid-19-vaccination-drive/]
- Over 3,000 military healthcare workers get coronavirus vaccine jabs [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/over-3-000-military-healthcare-workers-get-coronavirus-vaccine-jabs-121011601122_1.html]
- A Red Letter Day for health care brave hearts: How they shed their fear [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/a-red-letter-day-for-health-care-brave-hearts-how-they-shed-their-fear-121011601121_1.html]
- Covid vaccination: 16k personnel at over 3k centers give Day 1 a good start [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/covid-vaccination-16k-personnel-at-over-3k-centers-give-day-1-a-good-start-121011601109_1.html]
- Delhi begins Covid-19 vaccination drive; 4,300 heatlhcare workers get shots [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/delhi-begins-covid-19-vaccination-drive-4-300-heatlhcare-workers-get-shots-121011601119_1.html]
- Covaxin efficacy meets WHO standards, safe to use: Joint Drugs Controller [https://www.siasat.com/covaxin-efficacy-meets-who-standards-safe-to-use-joint-drugs-controller-2069171/]
- 100 healthcare workers get first COVID-19 vaccine in Wokha [https://morungexpress.com/100-healthcare-workers-get-first-covid-19-vaccine-in-wokha]
- Delhi will increase vaccination sites: Kejriwal [https://morungexpress.com/delhi-will-increase-vaccination-sites-kejriwal]
- Manipur CM launches COVID-19 vaccination drive in Imphal [https://morungexpress.com/manipur-cm-launches-covid-19-vaccination-drive-in-imphal]
- Modi should get himself vaccinated first: Ambedkar [https://morungexpress.com/modi-should-get-himself-vaccinated-first-ambedkar]
- 1.65L frontline workers get first jabs as India rolls out world’s largest COVID vaccination drive [https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news/india/1-65l-frontline-workers-get-first-jabs-as-india-rolls-out-world-s-largest-covid-vaccination-drive-1.5363133]
- Dimapur COVID-19 vaccination: ‘Vaccine is painless’ [https://morungexpress.com/dimapur-covid-19-vaccination-vaccine-is-painless]
- Mokokchung COVID-19 vaccination: ‘Better to be safe than sorry’ [https://morungexpress.com/mokokchung-covid-19-vaccination-better-to-be-safe-than-sorry]
- India inoculates 1.91 lakh on first day of vaccination drive India inoculates 1.91 lakh on first day of vaccination drive [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/india-inoculates-191-lakh-first-day-vaccination-drive-186778]
- Bangladesh to get vaccines quickly, urgently: Doraiswami Bangladesh to get vaccines quickly, urgently: Doraiswami [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/covid-19-bangladesh/bangladesh-get-vaccines-quickly-urgently-doraiswami-186781]