The first consignment of Covaxin developed by Bharat Biotech is being carried via flight from Hyderabad to Delhi on Wednesday, officials informed.
Speaking to ANI, the official said, “The first consignment of vaccine from Bharat Biotech is being carried by Air India on AI 559 from Hyderabad to Delhi on Wednesday at 0640 hours.”
Covishield and Covaxin, the two COVID-19 vaccines which have received Emergency Use Authorisation (EAU) have been tested on thousands of people and side-effects are negligible, Dr VK Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, said on Tuesday and noted that the two “are safest of the vaccines”.
“Both the vaccines (Covishield and Covaxin) have been authorized for emergency use and there should be no doubt about their safety. They have been tested on thousands of people and side-effects are negligible. There is no risk of any significance,” Dr Paul said at a press conference.
The first phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive is scheduled to start from January 16.
Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that the Central government is having close collaboration with states and union territories for vaccine roll-out. “All preparations are on track for vaccine roll-out from January 16,” he said.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Mumbai airport begins vaccine transportation; 2,400 vials airlifted to Goa [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/mumbai-airport-begins-vaccine-transportation-2-400-vials-airlifted-to-goa-121011300155_1.html]
- Movement of Covaxin consignment begins [https://www.nagpurtoday.in/movement-of-covaxin-consignment-begins/01130858]
- Maharashtra receives 9.63 lakh Covishield doses [https://www.nagpurtoday.in/maharashtra-receives-9-63-lakh-covishield-doses/01130855]
- Centre Orders 11 Million Doses of Covishield From Serum Institute [https://thewire.in/health/serum-institute-covishield-vaccine]
- Policeman escorting polio workers shot dead in Karak [https://dailytimes.com.pk/712748/policeman-escorting-polio-workers-shot-dead-in-karak/]
- Covid-19 Vaccination: Maha geared up for life-saver jab [https://www.siasat.com/covid-19-vaccination-maha-geared-up-for-life-saver-jab-2066456/]
- Bengal gets Covishield, vaccines despatched to districts [https://www.siasat.com/bengal-gets-covishield-vaccines-despatched-to-districts-2066447/]
- Wait over, vaccine arrives in Meghalaya [https://theshillongtimes.com/2021/01/13/wait-over-vaccine-arrives-in-meghalaya/]