Twenty thousand doses of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Bharat Biotech have been stored at the Rajiv Gandhi Super Speciality Hospital in Delhi, ahead of the vaccination rollout on January 16, officials said on Wednesday.
The first batch of Oxford Covishield vaccine containing 264,000 doses reached the Delhi’s central storage facility at RGSSH on Tuesday amid high security, officials earlier said.
“We also received 20,000 doses of Bharat Biotech-made Covaxin yesterday. Both the vaccines are stored in the ground floor of the utility building on our premises, earmarked for the central storage in temperate-controlled environment,” a senior official said.
At RGSSH, a three-layer security cover guards the stored vaccine, with about 15 new CCTV cameras recently installed to keep a round-the-clock eye on the facility.
“Each Covaxin vial has 20 doses, and we have received 1,000 vials. Besides, police, paramilitary personnel and our internal security team guard the facility 24×7 in different shifts. These vaccines are worth more than precious gold right now,” the official said.
ALSO READ: Mumbai airport delivers 274,400 doses of Covishield vaccine to 22 cities
The vaccination rollout will be kicked off from the LNJP Hospital on January 16 with a simple ceremony in the presence of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Health Minister Satyendar Jain, sources said on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the Delhi Chief Minister’s Office tweeted on Wednesday, “Hon’ble CM Shri @ArvindKejriwal will chair a meeting on Thursday, January 14 at 11 AM to review the preparations made under the Delhi government’s Covid vaccination rollout plan”.
Also, the sources said, the total number of sites in Delhi where Covid-19 vaccination rollout will be carried out on January 16 has been revised to 75 from 89 decided earlier by authorities.
ALSO READ: Financing the vaccine
The Delhi government is all set for the first phase of the immunisation exercise with healthcare workers being put in the front line to get the dose.
A senior official at the hospital said 22 boxes, each containing 1,200 vials of the Oxford Covid-19 vaccine Covishield, were delivered to the facility on Tuesday afternoon. Each vial of 5 milliliters has 10 doses.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Sadarjung Hospital, LNJP Hospital, GTB Hospital, Apollo Hospitals and Max Hospital will be among the vaccination centres here.
India’s drugs regulator has approved Oxford Covid-19 vaccine Covishield, manufactured by the Serum Institute, and indigenously developed Covaxin of Bharat Biotech for restricted emergency use in the country.
- 54.72 L COVID vaccine doses received till Tues: Centre [http://www.kashmirtimes.com/newsdet.aspx?q=107215]
- ‘Covishield to be sold in private market for Rs 1,000 per dose’ [http://www.kashmirtimes.com/newsdet.aspx?q=107214]
- Telangana: Festive dose to Covid-19 vaccination drive [https://www.thehansindia.com/telangana/telangana-festive-dose-to-covid-19-vaccination-drive-666757]
- 38,500 doses of vaccine for Nellore [https://www.thehansindia.com/andhra-pradesh/38500-doses-of-vaccine-for-nellore-666751]
- Tirupati: 2,900 healthcare workers to get Covishield on January 16 [https://www.thehansindia.com/news/cities/tirupathi/tirupati-2900-healthcare-workers-to-get-covishield-on-january-16-666748]
- Kurnool: Stage set for vaccine drive at 27 centres [https://www.thehansindia.com/andhra-pradesh/kurnool-stage-set-for-vaccine-drive-at-27-centres-666746]
- COVID-19 update: A prolonged state of Public Health Emergency and a national immunization plan President Maia Sandu paid an official visit to Kyiv: “We want to be more than neighbours, we want to be friends.” The OPG is facing pressure from politicians and oligarchs as a consequence of its own corruptibility Study: Media perception in the Republic of Moldova [https://www.moldova.org/en/covid-19-update-a-prolonged-state-of-public-health-emergency-and-a-national-immunization-plan/]
- Don’t drop your guard as vaccine acts 14 days after 2nd dose: Centre [https://www.dailypioneer.com/2021/page1/don—t-drop-your-guard-as-vaccine-acts-14-days-after-2nd-dose–centre.html]
- 2 Covid vaccines approved by India among cheapest in world [https://www.dailypioneer.com/2021/page1/2-covid-vaccines-approved-by-india-among-cheapest-in-world.html]
- Pfizer vaccine doses received by DoH can be used with confidence [https://www.samoanews.com/pfizer-vaccine-doses-received-doh-can-be-used-confidence]
- Turkey prepares to distribute Chinese vaccine [https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2021/01/turkey-prepare-distribute-vaccine-sinovac-china-covid19.html]
- Vaccination trial on local population must for jabs’ nod in India [https://www.dailypioneer.com/2021/page1/vaccination-trial-on-local-population-must-for-jabs—-nod-in-india.html]
- Baker: Mass. ready to begin vaccinating residents, staff at congregate care sites [https://whdh.com/news/baker-mass-ready-to-begin-vaccinating-residents-staff-at-congregate-care-sites/]
- Govt: No Walk-Ins At Covid Vaccination Centre [https://bernews.com/2021/01/covid-vaccination-centre-accepting-walk-ins/]
- WHO says around 28 mn vaccine doses injected so far [https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2021/01/who-says-around-28-mn-vaccine-doses-injected-so-far/]
- Namibia makes progress in acquiring Covid-19 vaccines [https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/namibia-makes-progress-in-acquiring-covid-19-vaccines-f71b75bd-b162-5526-8529-a6ff04334b06]
- Malaysia, once praised by the WHO as ‘united’ against COVID, has gone back into lockdown [https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-14/malaysia-covid-19-outbreak-state-of-emergency-case-numbers/13036038]
- Coronavirus vaccines only need to be 50 per cent efficacious according to the WHO — why? [https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-14/covid-19-vaccina-efficacy-rates-explained/13042960]
- The US just suffered its worst day ever for COVID-19 deaths. But this summer could be ‘dramatically better’ [https://whdh.com/news/the-us-just-suffered-its-worst-day-ever-for-covid-19-deaths-but-this-summer-could-be-dramatically-better/]
- Dollar General will pay workers to get the coronavirus vaccine [https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2021/01/13/dollar-general-will-pay-workers-to-get-the-coronavirus-vaccine]
- Massachusetts Prisons, Group Homes, Shelters To Start COVID Vaccinations Monday [https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/01/13/massachusetts-coronavirus-vaccinations-congregate-care-inmates-prisons-group-homes-shelters/]
- Venezuelan Health Ministry Registers Russian Coronavirus Vaccine Sputnik V [https://sputniknews.com/world/202101131081757101-venezuelan-health-ministry-registers-russian-coronavirus-vaccine-sputnik-v/]
- Bolivia, Serum Institute Sign Deal For 5 Million Oxford Vaccine Doses [https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bolivia-serum-institute-sign-deal-for-5-million-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-doses-2352143]
- ‘It’s Unimaginably Bad.’ How Government Failures and the New COVID-19 Variant Are Pushing the U.K.’s Health System Into Crisis [https://time.com/5929246/uk-coronavirus-third-wave/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+time%2Fworld+%28TIME%3A+Top+World+Stories%29]
- COVID Vaccine: SCC Officials Warn About Misinformation in Fake Texts [https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/01/13/covid-vaccine-scc-officials-warn-about-misinformation-in-fake-texts/]
- Coronavirus variant from UK ‘must not get out of hand’ warns EU [https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/13/coronavirus-variant-from-uk-must-not-get-out-of-hand-warns-eu]
- Turkey to begin mass COVID-19 vaccination on Thursday with Sinovac shot [https://www.todayonline.com/world/turkey-begin-mass-vaccines-thursday-sinovac-shot]
- Bumpy road ahead for global COVID-19 vaccine rollout, experts say [https://www.todayonline.com/world/bumpy-road-ahead-global-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-experts-say]
- Dollar General Will Pay Employees To Get Coronavirus Vaccine [https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/01/13/dollar-general-employees-coronavirus-vaccine-pay/]
- AP government all set for Covid vax drive [https://www.thehansindia.com/andhra-pradesh/ap-government-all-set-for-covid-vax-drive-666735]
- Karnataka to get 20,000 doses of Covaxin also [https://www.siasat.com/karnataka-to-get-20000-doses-of-covaxin-also-2067015/]
- Karnataka will receive 20,000 doses of Covaxin soon, says minister Sudhakar [https://www.thehansindia.com/karnataka/karnataka-will-receive-20000-doses-of-covaxin-soon-says-minister-sudhakar-666741]
- Median age of confirmed coronavirus cases is 46 years, says minister Kikilias at live briefing [https://www.newsbomb.gr/en/story/1156904/median-age-of-confirmed-coronavirus-cases-is-46-years-says-minister-kikilias-at-live-briefing]
- UK hits grim record of 1,564 daily Covid-19 deaths, toll reaches 84,767 [https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/uk-hits-grim-record-of-1-564-daily-covid-19-deaths-toll-reaches-84-767-121011301641_1.html]
- ‘Only Auto Disabled Syringe for COVID-19 vaccination’: WHO Consultant [https://morungexpress.com/only-auto-disabled-syringe-for-covid-19-vaccination-who-consultant]