Hyderabad: The general public will have to wait for at least another six months before getting a jab of corona vaccine, but the lawmakers are likely to be in the list of those who would get the shot first. In Telangana, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao is likely to be among the first batch of persons who would be vaccinated on January 16 subject to the clearance by his doctors since he is undergoing treatment for lung infection.
To ensure the safety of vaccinated persons mainly the frontline warriors and people above 50 years, the state level Call Centre and ambulance facility connecting every village would be put in place ahead of the launch of the vaccination programme which would cover nearly 80 lakh people in the first phase.
This decision was taken at the high-level meeting on the arrangements being made for the corona vaccine programme at Pragathi Bhavan here on Monday. It was also decided that all public representatives and legislators above the age of 50 years should get their names included in the first list of those who would be vaccinated.
Initially, ASHA workers, Anganwadi staff, Medical and Health employees will be given the vaccine. Later, police, security personnel, sanitary workers and other frontline workers would be vaccinated. In the next level, vaccine would be administered to those above 50 years and people with comorbidities. “Gram Sarpanches and Panchayat Secretaries would take the responsibility to get the people on priority basis to the vaccination centres. Police Station House Officers and Sub Inspectors will take the responsibility of getting the vaccine for the police and other security personnel,” the CM said. Officials said that arrangements have been made to administer Covid vaccine at 1,213 centres all over the state.
- CM joins Prime Minister’s virtual conference on Covid-19 vaccination programme [https://tripurainfo.com/TripuraNews/CM-joins-Prime-Ministers-virtual-conference-on-Covid-19-vaccination-programme9564.html]
- The secrets to Israel’s coronavirus vaccination success [https://www.politico.eu/article/israel-coronavirus-vaccine-success-secret/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=RSS_Syndication]
- Vaccine politics: Fair, equitable distribution at stake [https://thehimalayantimes.com/opinion/vaccine-politics-fair-equitable-distribution-at-stake/]
- S. Korea sees 537 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, plans to finalize vaccination plan by January : ARIRANG [https://www.arirang.com/News/News_View.asp?nseq=270639]
- Sending National Guard to Washington could slow U.S. vaccine hand out [https://news.trust.org/item/20210112022418-sidc3]
- NYS starts Covid-19 vaccination for group 1B, including 75+ years old [https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/nys-starts-covid-19-vaccination-for-group-1b-including-75-years-old-121011200186_1.html]
- Indonesia green-lights emergency use of Chinese vaccine [http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14100071]
- Coronavirus digest: 9 million Americans vaccinated [https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-digest-9-million-americans-vaccinated/a-56199414]
- India readies colossal coronavirus vaccine rollout [https://www.apdnews.com/top-news/1005763.html]
- WHO: COVID-19 herd immunity unlikely in 2021 despite vaccines [https://www.apdnews.com/top-news/1005781.html]
- Sources: India’s Serum to sell AstraZeneca vaccine to Bangladesh at $4/dose [https://www.dhakatribune.com/health/coronavirus/2021/01/12/sources-india-s-serum-to-sell-astrazeneca-vaccine-to-bangladesh-at-4-dose]
- Illinois to allow local health departments to start vaccinating those 65 and older, plus teachers and other essential workers [https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-illinois-covid-19-vaccine-next-phase-20210112-kg3xvkfjfrd4hfju7wwox4tlzq-story.html]
- NYS starts COVID-19 vaccination for group 1B, including 75+ years old [https://www.siasat.com/nys-starts-covid-19-vaccination-for-group-1b-including-75-years-old-2065777/]
- Health Minister Says Elderly People May Get Covid-19 Vaccine from GAVI [https://en.tempo.co/read/1422357/health-minister-says-elderly-people-may-get-covid-19-vaccine-from-gavi]
- Indonesia allows emergency use of Sinovac vaccine [https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2021/01/11/indonesia-allows-emergency-use-of-sinovac-vaccine.html]
- Year’s first polio drive launched: Parents urged to protect children from disability [https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/772996-year-s-first-polio-drive-launched-parents-urged-to-protect-children-from-disability]
- Despite vaccines, no Covid herd immunity in 2021 – WHO [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/01/12/second-headline/despite-vaccines-no-covid-herd-immunity-in-2021-who/826970/]
- UAE: Covid vaccine drive picks up ahead of onsite classes [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/uae-covid-vaccine-drive-picks-up-ahead-of-onsite-classes]
- Biden gets 2nd dose of vaccine as team readies Covid-19 plan [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/01/12/news/latest-stories/biden-gets-2nd-dose-of-vaccine-as-team-readies-covid-19-plan/826972/]
- Registration for Covid vaccine begins on 26 January Registration for Covid vaccine begins on 26 January [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/covid-19-bangladesh/50-lakh-people-get-vaccine-first-phase-dgda-183886]
- US ramps up vaccinations to get doses to more Americans [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/01/12/news/latest-stories/us-ramps-up-vaccinations-to-get-doses-to-more-americans/826978/]
- ‘The most dangerous time’: UK sees toughest virus threat yet [https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/01/12/news/latest-stories/the-most-dangerous-time-uk-sees-toughest-virus-threat-yet/826986/]
- Contra Costa County ramps up COVID-19 vaccine distribution; aims for 7,000 vaccinations a day [https://abc7news.com/health/contra-costa-county-aims-for-7000-covid-19–vaccinations-a-day/9570909/]
- Aussie vaccine campaign to cost the taxpayer $24 million [https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6221591467001]
- Our View: Without the EU we would have no vaccines at all [https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/12/our-view-without-the-eu-we-would-have-no-vaccines-at-all/]
- WHO hopes to roll out vaccines for all in February [https://www.inform.kz/en/who-hopes-to-roll-out-vaccines-for-all-in-february_a3739906]
- COVID Vaccine To Be Required For LAUSD Students Prior To Returning To Campus [https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/01/11/lausd-covid-vaccine-students/]
- Vaccines: one shot now, one shot much later [https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/12/vaccines-one-shot-now-one-shot-much-later/]
- Moderna says COVID-19 vaccine immunity to stay at least a year [https://nypost.com/2021/01/11/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-immunity-at-least-a-year/]