PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Experts are pushing states to get the COVID vaccine to their residents faster. Only about a third of more than 25 million doses have been given to patients.
The Centers for Disease Control is expected to change its recommendations Tuesday.
It will recommend giving out every dose available, instead of holding some back.
The CDC is also expected to push states to start vaccinating everyone, over the age of 65.
Pennsylvania is still currently only vaccinating people in group 1A, but they are drafting plans to include people in group 1B. Those are essential workers, including people who work in foodservice, public transportation and teachers.
As things slowly get back to normal and vaccinations continue, Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine is asking for patience.
“I know it is really challenging to have patience but we must show patience. The amount of vaccine available to Pennsylvanians is still extremely limited and it will take several months before there’s enough vaccine available for everyone,” Dr. Levine said.
MORE ON CBSPHILLY.COM
Delaware County Prosecutors Going After Business Accused Of Cheating Employees Out Of Protections, Benefits
NJ Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman Tests COVID-19 Positive After Sheltering With Several Lawmakers Who Refused To Wear Masks During US Capitol Riots
‘Best Interests To Part Ways’: Philadelphia Eagles Fire Head Coach Doug Pederson After 5 Seasons
- Peru to pay $26 mln for first shipment of Sinopharm vaccine -minister [https://www.todayonline.com/world/peru-pay-26-mln-first-shipment-sinopharm-vaccine-minister]
- Coronavirus numbers continue to drop [https://glashrvatske.hrt.hr/en/news/domestic/coronavirus-numbers-continue-to-drop/]
- Vax drive set in motion [https://www.thehansindia.com/news/national/vax-drive-set-in-motion-666650]
- Health chief comments on possible vaccination schedule in Ukraine [https://www.unian.info/society/covid-19-vaccine-health-chief-comments-on-possible-vaccination-schedule-11282948.html]
- Pakistan to receive first batch of Sinopharm vaccine by early Feb [https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/773181-pakistan-to-receive-first-batch-of-sinopharm-vaccine-by-early-feb]
- Poor countries might get COVID-19 vaccine in February, says WHO [https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/773152-poor-countries-might-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-february-says-who]
- U.S. releases millions of COVID-19 doses, urges states to broaden vaccine access [https://news.trust.org/item/20210112175634-td3b3]
- Both Serum’s Covishield, Bharat Bio’s Covaxin vaccines cost same to Centre [https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/both-serum-s-covishield-bharat-bio-s-covaxin-vaccines-cost-same-to-centre-121011300009_1.html]
- DGDA formulates guideline on vaccine’s side effects [http://thedailynewnation.com/news/275133/dgda-formulates-guideline–on-vaccines-side-effects.html]
- India’s Bharat Biotech to supply its COVID-19 vaccine to Brazil [https://bdnews24.com/coronavirus-pandemic/2021/01/13/india-s-bharat-biotech-to-supply-its-covid-19-vaccine-to-brazil]
- Telangana receives 3.64 lakh doses of COVID-19 vaccine today [https://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20210112/3690039.html]
- Govt places order for 11 mn Covishield jabs @Rs 210 each [https://www.dailypioneer.com/2021/page1/govt-places-order-for-11-mn-covishield-jabs–rs-210-each.html]
- Pennsylvania Drafting Plans To Include People In Group 1B For COVID-19 Vaccine As CDC Pressures States To Expand Vaccinations [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/12/lockdown-likely-to-last-beyond-february-6-chief-medical-officer/]
- BioNTech, Sinovac race neck-and-neck for HK [https://www.thestandard.com.hk/section-news/section/11/226533/BioNTech,-Sinovac-race-neck-and-neck-for-HK]
- Australian paramedic in UK’s ‘chaotic’ COVID-19 surge says most colleagues have caught the virus [https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-13/australian-paramedic-in-the-uk-covid-19-crisis/13047238]
- This is how vaccinations will be done, and the IEC is at the heart of planning [https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-01-12-this-is-how-vaccinations-will-be-done-and-the-iec-is-at-the-heart-of-planning/]
- Hundreds Line Up At Mass Drive-Thru COVID-19 Vaccination Site In Denton County [https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/01/12/hundreds-line-up-mass-drive-thru-covid-19-vaccination-denton/]
- Bangladesh’s Beximco could sell AstraZeneca vaccine by next month [https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/1/12/bangladeshs-beximco-could-sell-astrazeneca-vaccine-by-next-month]
- U.S. to change Covid vaccine allocation to favor states that quickly administer shots [https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/covid-vaccine-us-to-change-allocation-to-favor-states-that-quickly-administer-shots.html]
- US to stop holding second doses to speed up COVID vaccinations [https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/12/us-to-stop-holding-2nd-dose-in-effort-to-speed-vaccinations]
- 6,47,500 Covishield doses reach Bengaluru [https://www.thehansindia.com/news/cities/bengaluru/647500-covishield-doses-reach-bengaluru-666610]
- Collector Musharraf Ali Farooqui inspects Covid vaccination centres [https://www.thehansindia.com/telangana/collector-musharraf-ali-farooqui-inspects-covid-vaccination-centres-666586]
- Free Parking And Shuttle Bus To Get Covid Vaccine [https://www.islandfm.com/news/jersey-news/free-parking-and-shuttle-bus-to-get-covid-vaccine/]
- Caucasus vaccine effort infected with geopolitics [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267512970/caucasus-vaccine-effort-infected-with-geopolitics]
- 2.64 lakh Covid vaccine doses reach Rajiv Gandhi hospital in Delhi [https://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20210112/3690025.html]
- Sinovac only choice for vax [https://manilastandard.net/news/top-stories/344285/sinovac-only-choice-for-vax.html]