The number of individuals infected with coronavirus disease continued to drop in Las Pinas City with only 85 active cases as of Tuesday.
Latest data from city’s Health Office also showed that Las Pinas already has 5,323 recoveries out of the 5,612 persons tested positive for the deadly COVID-19.
Most of those recovered patients came from Barangay Pulanglupa Uno, Barangay Manuyo Dos, Talon Dos, Almanza Uno, Almanza Dos, CAA, Daniel Fajardo, Manuyo Uno, Pamplona Tres, Pilar, Elias Aldana, Pulanglupa Dos, and Talon Kuwatro.
But Mayor Imelda Aguilar reminded her people not to relax and asked them to still follow strict health protocols, including the wearing of face masks, face shields, temperature checks, and hand disinfections.
She announced on Monday that she signed an agreement with British drugmaker AstraZeneca for the supply of about 300,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine for city residents.
The local government is expecting the AstraZeneca vaccine will arrive in the city this July.
Aguilar said the city’s vaccination program will prioritize the frontliners, medical and health care workers, police, senior citizens, and vulnerable citizens.
She added the city government will initially spend P200 million for the vaccines.
“The city government is ready to allocate additional funds to buy COVID-19 vaccines and we are continuously coordinating with the pharmaceutical company so that we can immediately acquire the vaccines once it is approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force and the Food and Drug Administration,” Aguilar said.
Aguilar is also hoping the city government could get additional allocation of vaccines from the national government.
Topics: Las Piñas City , COVID-19 , AstraZeneca , Vaccine , Imelda Aguilar
- Coronavirus: UAE reports 3,243 Covid-19 cases, 2,195 recoveries, 6 deaths [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/coronavirus-uae-reports-3243-covid-19-cases-2195-recoveries-6-deaths]
- Freezers for vaccines expected this week Elsa Rozendal is the new leader of the democratic party Welcome [https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/freezers-for-vaccines-expected-this-week/]
- Government organizes information sessions about the Covid-19 vaccination course Elsa Rozendal is the new leader of the democratic party The Netherlands still has some tough months ahead, Health Min. says about pandemic Welcome [https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/government-organizes-information-sessions-about-the-covid-19-vaccination-course/]
- Cayman: Vaccination success is crucial to reopening borders safely [https://www.ieyenews.com/cayman-vaccination-success-is-crucial-to-reopening-borders-safely/]
- Confidence in coronavirus vaccine grows in Belgium [https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/health/149257/confidence-in-vaccinations-grows-in-belgium-great-corona-study-university-antwerp/]
- Hard Rock Stadium reopens for COVID-19 testing as vaccination rollout continues [https://wsvn.com/news/local/hard-rock-stadium-reopens-for-covid-19-testing-as-vaccination-rollout-continues/]
- Online Form To Register For Covid-19 Vaccine [https://bernews.com/2021/01/online-form-to-register-for-covid-19-vaccine/]
- EU regulator is considering Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine [https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/01/12/eu-regulator-is-considering-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine/]
- Illinois will soon make COVID-19 vaccine available to people 65 and older (LIVE UPDATES) [https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronavirus/2021/1/12/22226665/latest-coronavirus-news-live-updates-chicago-illinois-2020]
- U.S. to release COVID-19 doses in push for older Americans to get shots, Azar says [https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-usa/u-s-to-release-covid-19-doses-in-push-for-older-americans-to-get-shots-azar-says-idUSKBN29H15F]
- Martha Stewart reveals she received the COVID-19 vaccine [https://pagesix.com/2021/01/12/martha-stewart-reveals-she-received-the-covid-19-vaccine/]
- Fauci says when live shows will be back — depending on vaccine rollout [https://nypost.com/2021/01/12/dr-fauci-says-live-shows-will-be-back-fall-if-vaccine-works/]
- When Can I Get The COVID-19 Vaccine In Pennsylvania, New Jersey Or Delaware? [https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/when-can-i-get-the-covid-19-vaccine-in-pennsylvania-new-jersey-or-delaware/]
- CDC to recommend states give Covid vaccine to anyone 65 and older [https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-recommend-states-give-covid-vaccine-anyone-65-older-n1253887]
- Inside Newcastle’s Covid mass vaccination centre [https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55624751]
- EU defends slow vaccine rollout: ‘we bought as much as we were offered’ [https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/12/eu-defends-slow-vaccine-rollout-we-bought-as-much-as-we-were-offered]
- First Consignment Of COVID-19 Vaccine ‘Covishield’ Reaches Odisha Capital [https://pragativadi.com/first-consignment-of-covid-19-vaccine-covishield-reaches-odisha-capital/]
- ‘Covishield to be sold in private market for Rs 1,000 per dose’ [https://morungexpress.com/covishield-to-be-sold-in-private-market-for-rs-1000-per-dose]
- First consignment of COVID-19 vaccines arrives in Bihar [https://biharpost.in/first-consignment-of-covid-19-vaccines-arrives-in-bihar/]
- 54.72 lakh covid-19 vaccine doses received till tuesday afternoon: Centre [https://www.udayavani.com/english-news/54-72-lakh-covid-19-vaccine-doses-received-till-tuesday-afternoon-centre]
- Kerala to get first consignment of over 400,000 vaccines on January 13 [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/kerala-to-get-first-consignment-of-over-400-000-vaccines-on-january-13-121011201195_1.html]
- Tamil Nadu gets 556,500 doses of vaccines for administration at 307 sites [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/tamil-nadu-gets-556-500-doses-of-vaccines-for-administration-at-307-sites-121011201293_1.html]
- First batch of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Northeast [https://theshillongtimes.com/2021/01/12/first-batch-of-covid-19-vaccines-arrive-in-northeast/]
- UAE leaders laud efforts of health workers in COVID-19 vaccination drive, urge all to get jabs [https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/602408/World/Mena/UAE-leaders-laud-efforts-of-health-workers-in-COVID-19-vaccination-drive-urge-all-to-get-jabs]
- UAE Covid-19 vaccine: At-home service for the elderly [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/uae-covid-19-vaccine-at-home-service-for-the-elderly]
- Spain aims for all care home residents to get first COVID-19 vaccine dose by weekend [https://news.trust.org/item/20210112131302-x2e69]