Covishield to reach Odisha today!
Bhubaneswar: Serum Institute of India’s COVID-19 vaccine, Covishield, will reach Odisha today. An AAI cargo flight carrying Covishield is likely to arrive at the Biju Patnaik International Airport here around 4.30 PM.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said that the state has made extensive arrangements for a mega vaccination drive for COVID-19, starting from January 16, in all the 162 identified sites.
Health and Family Welfare Minister N K Das had said the vaccination drive will be held in all the 30 districts.
As per reports, Angul, Deogarh and Sonepur district, as well as Rourkela and Sambalpur Municipal area, will have 2 vaccination centres while Balangir, Bhadrak, Boudh, Malkangiri, Nuapada district as well as Berhampur Municipal area and Cuttack Municipal area will have 3 centres.
Similarly, Bargarh, Dhenkanal, Gajapati, Jagatsinghpur, Jharsuguda, Nabarangpur and Nayagarh district will have 4 centres.
And Balasore, Jajpur, Kandhamal, Khordha, Koraput, Sambalpur districts and Bhubaneswar Municipal area will have 5 vaccination centres.
Similarly, Kendrapara, Keonjhar and Sundergarh districts will have 6 centres while Kalahandi and Raygada will have 7 centres. The districts like Cuttack, Ganjam, Puri will have 8 vaccination centres while Mayurbhanj district will have 10 centres.
The drive will be conducted at medical colleges, government and private hospitals, community health centres and public health centres, he said.
Notably, the first consignment of the vaccine was dispatched from Pune to several places across the country, including Bhubaneswar, early this morning.
- Serum Institute Sends Out First Consignment Of Covishield Vaccines [https://pragativadi.com/serum-institute-sends-out-first-consignment-of-covishield-vaccines/]
- 1st consignment of Covishield vaccines leaves Serum Institute [https://www.udayavani.com/english-news/1st-consignment-of-covishield-vaccines-leaves-serum-institute]
- Video: 1st Covishield vaccines consignment leaves Serum [https://www.nagpurtoday.in/1st-covishield-vaccines-consignment-leaves-serum/01120837]
- First Covishield vaccines consignment leaves Serum Institute [https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news/india/first-covishield-vaccines-consignment-leaves-serum-institute-1.5352127]
- ’16 lakh frontline workers in Karnataka to get COVID vaccine in first phase’ [https://www.udayavani.com/english-news/16-lakh-frontline-workers-in-karnataka-to-get-covid-vaccine-in-first-phase]