Indonesia recorded 10,617 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, the highest single-day rise since the outbreak started, bringing the country’s total cases to 808,340, the Health Ministry said.
The ministry also reported 233 more fatalities, bringing the country’s COVID-19 death toll to 23,753. Meanwhile, 7,446 more people were discharged from hospitals, bringing the total number of recovered patients to 666,883.
The virus has spread to all the country’s 34 provinces.
Specifically, within the past 24 hours, Jakarta recorded 2,959 new cases, West Java 1,824, Central Java 1,071, East Java 1,025 and South Sulawesi 588.
No more new cases were found in Maluku province.
- Thailand reports 212 new COVID-19 infections, total cases top 10,000 [https://www.intellasia.net/thailand-reports-212-new-covid-19-infections-total-cases-top-10000-852787]
- Algeria reports 231 new COVID-19 cases, 102,144 in total [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267496387/algeria-reports-231-new-covid-19-cases-102144-in-total]
- Israel reports 5,912 new COVID-19 cases, 489,995 in total [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267496383/israel-reports-5912-new-covid-19-cases-489995-in-total]
- Tunisia reports 1,762 new COVID-19 cases, 159,276 in total [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267496657/tunisia-reports-1762-new-covid-19-cases-159276-in-total]
- Morocco reports 895 new COVID-19 cases, 452,532 in total [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267496384/morocco-reports-895-new-covid-19-cases-452532-in-total]