Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba announces the establishment of the Ronald McDonald House in Hospital Tunku Azizah during his speech in Putrajaya January 11, 2021. — Picture by Miera Zulyana
PUTRAJAYA, Jan 11 — All Cabinet members have been instructed to undergo Covid-19 testing after two ministers contracted the virus, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba confirmed today.
He said those undergoing testing will also have to do a risk assessment with the Putrajaya district health office.
However, he was silent when asked if the ministers should undergo home quarantine after being exposed to the virus pending the results of their swab tests or carry on with their duties.
“The district health office will issue guidelines to each minister as and when is necessary,” Dr Adham told reporters here after announcing the establishment of the Ronald McDonald House in Hospital Tunku Azizah in Kuala Lumpur.
Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Rina Mohd Harun and her Cabinet colleague Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed have both been hospitalised for Covid-19 after testing positive in the last two days.
Both had attended a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin last week.
The PM has been expected to issue a public announcement on the Covid-19 situation in Malaysia today, following a surge in daily cases and new deaths.
MORE TO COME
- Tshwane ambulances struggle to find beds for Covid-19 patients [https://www.iol.co.za/pretoria-news/news/tshwane-ambulances-struggle-to-find-beds-for-covid-19-patients-80692696-3247-4bf7-a123-6e680f84b6dd]
- Makhura visits Steve Biko Hospital after facility’s chaotic scenes unfold on social media [https://www.iol.co.za/news/makhura-visits-steve-biko-hospital-after-facilitys-chaotic-scenes-unfold-on-social-media-47edda99-2e6a-4ba1-920b-fd1929a123a7]
- Fatigue is most common side effect of long Covid and it could last months [https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fatigue-most-common-side-effect-23295428]
- Japón reporta que viajeros desde Brasil portaban variante de covid-19 similar a las observadas en Reino Unido y Sudáfrica [https://wtop.com/news/2021/01/japon-reporta-que-viajeros-desde-brasil-portaban-variante-de-covid-19-similar-a-las-observadas-en-reino-unido-y-sudafrica/]
- Cyprus enters three-week coronavirus lockdown [https://www.mangalorean.com/cyprus-enters-three-week-coronavirus-lockdown/]
- Year on from first Covid-19 death, Wuhan basks in recovery [https://manilastandard.net/news/world-news/344121/year-on-from-first-covid-19-death-wuhan-basks-in-recovery.html]
- China sees biggest daily COVID-19 case rise in over five months [https://thehimalayantimes.com/world/china-sees-biggest-daily-covid-19-case-rise-in-over-five-months/]
- Experts warn that situation in British hospitals is’dangerous’ [https://www.bna.bh/en/ExpertswarnthatsituationinBritishhospitalsisdangerous.aspx?cms=q8FmFJgiscL2fwIzON1%2bDqvgwZPg7rSXE9SUY1U%2bVnU%3d]
- Steve Biko Hospital at breaking point with wards full of Covid-19 patients [https://www.iol.co.za/pretoria-news/news/steve-biko-hospital-at-breaking-point-with-wards-full-of-covid-19-patients-7ee84178-d007-42b3-8d00-99ab4a790cc0]
- Brazil’s coronavirus cases surpass 8.1 million [https://news.az/news/brazils-coronavirus-cases-surpass-81-million]