Pune: The Serum Institute on India on Monday said it has received the purchase order from the Centre for the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. “We have received the (purchase) order from the Government of India on Monday afternoon,” a senior SII official told PTI. Centre has placed purchase order with Serum Institute for 11 million doses of Covishield vaccine each costing Rs 200.
The government has already announced that the process of administering the vaccine will start on on January 16. The SII vaccine developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca was cleared for emergency use along with Bharat Biotech’s indigenous “Covaxin” earlier this month.
- UK faces worst weeks of COVID pandemic, accelerates vaccine rollout [https://news.trust.org/item/20210111110936-b72ci]
- Delivery of 30M Covovax doses to PH starts in Q3 of 2021 [https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1127050]
- Russia to try out ‘Sputnik-Light’ Covid vaccine to make it go further Russia to try out ‘Sputnik-Light’ Covid vaccine to make it go further [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/russia-try-out-sputnik-light-covid-vaccine-make-it-go-further-183952]
- Muhyiddin: Third phase clinical research for Covid-19 vaccine to start on Jan 21, first country outside of China to conduct study [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/01/11/muhyiddin-third-phase-clinical-research-for-covid-19-vaccine-to-start-on-ja/1939444]
- Duque: Best-case scenario, PHL achieves herd immunity in 2021 [https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/01/11/duque-best-case-scenario-phl-achieves-herd-immunity-in-2021/]
- Covid-19 vaccination centres to be up soon; jabs also to be given at polyclinics, GP clinics [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-centres-to-be-up-soon-jabs-also-to-be-given-at-polyclinics-gp-clinics]
- Covid-19 vaccine in UAE: 80,683 people vaccinated in last 24 hours [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/covid-19-vaccine-in-uae-80683-people-vaccinated-in-last-24-hours]
- 1.5 million people have received Sputnik V vaccine, Russia says [https://www.brusselstimes.com/news-contents/world/149039/1-5-million-people-have-received-sputnik-v-vaccine-russia-says-russian-direct-investment-fund-mikhail-murashko/]
- Pope Francis: COVID-19 Inoculation An ‘Ethical Choice’ [https://mozambiquetribune.com/pope-francis-covid-19-inoculation-an-ethical-choice/]
- British, South African COVID Variants Spreading Around Globe [https://mozambiquetribune.com/british-south-african-covid-variants-spreading-around-globe/]
- Covid live updates: Lawmakers may have been exposed to Covid-19 during riot [https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/2021-01-011-covid-live-updates-vaccine-news-n1253674]
- English health official warns pandemic entering worst weeks [https://wtop.com/europe/2021/01/english-health-official-warns-pandemic-entering-worst-weeks/]
- UK steps up vaccinations as coronavirus-related deaths and case numbers hit record highs [https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-11/uk-steps-up-covid-vaccinations-as-deaths-and-cases-hit-highs/13049178]