Algeria will acquire more than one vaccine against the coronavirus disease (covid-19), announced, Friday evening, Djamel Fourar, spokesperson for the scientific committee monitoring the evolution of this pandemic.
Speaking to the national television, the official said: “Algeria’s vaccine choice to fight against covid-19, like other countries, will not be limited to a single vaccine,” before noting that the Algerian state and the scientific committee of monitoring the evolution of the covid-19 pandemic ” will ensure that an effective and safe vaccine is selected for citizens”.
Dr. Fourar, also, underlined “the availability of all logistical means, including equipment and freezing rooms that can go to a temperature of – 20.8 degrees required for vaccine storage, in addition to vehicles equipped for transporting it”.
- National awareness campaign for vaccination against Covid-19 officially launched [https://www.dzbreaking.com/2021/01/09/national-awareness-campaign-for-vaccination-against-covid-19-officially-launched/]
- WHO chief accuses wealthy nations of monopolizing Covid-19 vaccine production Top Comments [https://en.mercopress.com/2021/01/09/who-chief-accuses-wealthy-nations-of-monopolizing-covid-19-vaccine-production?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=main&utm_campaign=rss]
- South Africa’s Aspen could produce J&J COVID shots by end-March [https://www.sharenet.co.za/views/views-article.php?views-article=558492]
- Governors to join Buhari, Osinbajo to take COVID-19 vaccine on live TV [https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/governors-to-join-buhari-osinbajo-to-take-covid-19-vaccine-on-live-tv/]
- Governors to join Buhari, Osinbajo to take COVID-19 vaccine on live TV [https://theeagleonline.com.ng/governors-to-join-buhari-osinbajo-to-take-covid-19-vaccine-on-live-tv/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=governors-to-join-buhari-osinbajo-to-take-covid-19-vaccine-on-live-tv]
- Vaccine deliveries under Covax to start this month [https://www.omanobserver.om/vaccine-deliveries-under-covax-to-start-this-month/]
- WHO tells rich countries: stop cutting vaccines queue [https://www.omanobserver.om/who-tells-rich-countries-stop-cutting-vaccines-queue/]
- US logs record 290,000 virus cases, Asia enters new lockdowns [https://www.samaa.tv/global/2021/01/us-logs-record-290000-virus-cases-asia-enters-new-lockdowns/]
- S.Africa says in advanced vaccine negotiations with J&J [https://www.sharenet.co.za/views/views-article.php?views-article=558910]
- NY expands eligible pool of trainees for Covid-19 vaccination [https://www.siasat.com/ny-expands-eligible-pool-of-trainees-for-covid-19-vaccination-2063976/]
- Covid-19 vaccine purchased from India expected to come February [https://elevenmyanmar.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-purchased-from-india-expected-to-come-february]
- EU secures deal to double Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine supply [https://www.siasat.com/eu-secures-deal-to-double-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-supply-2063999/]