As Nigeria expects the first batch of COVID19 vaccines by the end of January, the Executive Director, National Primary Health Care Development Agency, Faisal Shuaib, says it will be nice to see President Buhari, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Secretary to the Government of the Federation Boss Mustapha, and other top government officials take the COVID19 vaccine in the full glare of the public.
Shuaib said this when he spoke at the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja on Thursday, January 7. According to him, such action by leaders of the nation will send a message to Nigerians that the vaccine is safe.
“On Tuesday, I had mentioned that we will like to see a situation where Mr President, the Vice President, the SGF, critical leaders come and take the vaccine in full glare of the public to demonstrate that this vaccine is safe.
So, we have to make provisions for those. But even in developed countries, what we have seen is that…
Source: Linda Ikeji
- EXCLUSIVE-As Olympics loom, Japanese approval of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine unlikely till May [https://news.trust.org/item/20210107093855-vqjcz]
- Chinese Embassy in Peru welcomes agreement on purchase of COVID-19 vaccines [https://andina.pe/ingles/noticia-chinese-embassy-in-peru-welcomes-agreement-on-purchase-of-covid19-vaccines-829021.aspx]
- India’s vaccine export plan could be good news for global market despite political, economic motive: experts [https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202101/1212043.shtml]
- FG urges Nigerians not be hesitant to take COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/fg-urges-nigerians-not-be-hesitant-to-take-covid-19-vaccine/]
- Cayman: COVID-19 Update for Thursday, 7 January 2021 – THREE NEW positives, National Vaccination Plan outlined [https://www.ieyenews.com/cayman-covid-19-update-for-thursday-7-january-2021-three-new-positives-national-vaccination-plan-outlined/]