Is there any of you here who is not willing to be vaccinated? All of you want to be vaccinated, Alhamdulillah (thank God). If any of you are not willing to be vaccinated, you will not only harm yourselves, but also other people. Jakarta (ANTARA) – President Joko Widodo has said that people who refuse the COVID-19 vaccine shot will not only harm themselves, but also other people.
“Is there any of you here who is not willing to be vaccinated? All of you want to be vaccinated, Alhamdulillah (thank God). If any of you are not willing to be vaccinated, you will not only harm yourselves, but also other people,” he said at the Bogor Presidential Palace on Friday.
The head of state made the remarks while handing out working capital assistance to around 60 micro and small entrepreneurs at a function, which was also attended by Minister/State Secretary Pratikno.
None of the entrepreneurs raised hands when they heard the President’s question.
“The vaccination is just like children’s immunization. That’s all,” Widodo observed.
Immunization could be one of the ways to help Indonesia return to normal, he stressed.
“One point away, Insya Allah (God willing), we will return to normal. The vaccination will commence next week. I will be the first (Indonesian) to be administered. Next will be doctors, nurses, and the public,” he said.
As reported earlier, President Jokowi will get the Sinovac vaccine jab on Wednesday (January 13, 2021), along with ministers and other public officials.
“Nearly 5.8 million (Indonesians) will be vaccinated in January. In total, 182 million (Indonesians) will be vaccinated. With each citizen receiving two shots of the vaccination, 182 million (Indonesians) will need almost 400 million vaccine doses,” he said.
While the vaccination will be conducted in stages, the President cautioned that the situation will not immediately start returning to normal.
“The vaccination will start next week. However, the condition will not immediately return to normal. That’s why I ask ladies and gentlemen to tell your neighbors, families, and friends that they must remain disciplined in following the health protocols — wearing masks, washing hands after carrying out activities, and keeping a safe distance. Remain disciplined. And avoid crowds,” he remarked.
The government has ordered 329.5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine from several sources. (INE)
Related news: Indonesia set to commence mass vaccination; Jokowi to get first jab
Related news: Government ensures stock of 329.5 million doses of vaccines: President
EDITED BY INE
- Portugal forging ahead with vaccinations [https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/2021-01-08/portugal-forging-ahead-with-vaccinations/57556]
- MOH warns of SMS scams as Singapore begins Covid-19 vaccination drive [https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/moh-warns-of-sms-scams-as-singapore-begins-covid-19-vaccination-drive]
- European watchdog could decide on AstraZeneca vaccine by end-Jan [https://news.trust.org/item/20210108114654-se2ch]
- EU secures nearly half of Pfizer’s 2021 global output of Covid shots EU secures nearly half of Pfizer’s 2021 global output of Covid shots [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/eu-secures-nearly-half-pfizers-2021-global-output-covid-shots-182593]
- There will be enough Covid-19 vaccines for all: Health Minister Kostadin Angelov [https://bnr.bg/en/post/101401380/there-will-be-enough-covid-19-vaccines-for-all-health-minister-kostadin-angelov]
- Britain approves Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine for use [https://news.trust.org/item/20210108112322-aafzy]
- PM Shmyhal asks EU Commission to help with COVID-19 vaccine supply – journalist [https://www.unian.info/economics/covid19-pm-shmyhal-asks-eu-commission-to-help-with-vaccine-supply-11278973.html]
- SA healthcare workers first up to receive country’s initial batch of Covid-19 vaccines [https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/sa-healthcare-workers-first-up-to-receive-countrys-initial-batch-of-covid-19-vaccines-aea5c3c9-18f8-4d0c-bf4a-a338b8ba7d61]
- EU gives go ahead to extract more shots from each Pfizer vaccine vial [https://news.trust.org/item/20210108120256-blcoj]
- Those refusing COVID vaccine will harm themselves, others: President [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/08/uk-approves-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-and-orders-an-additional-10-million-doses/]
- Those refusing COVID vaccine will harm themselves, others: President [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/08/what-we-know-about-the-moderna-covid-19-vaccine/]
- EU doubles Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine order, allows extra dose from vial [https://mia.mk/eu-doubles-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-order-allows-extra-dose-from-vial/?lang=en]
- UK regulators approve use of 3rd vaccine against coronavirus [https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20210108/news/301089956/]