“In a short time, India has done well by developing vaccines… In the next few days, in the near future, we should be able to give these vaccines to our countrymen. It will be given to our healthcare professional followed by frontline workers,” the Minister said.
He added that the government has ensured that every detail regarding vaccination is conveyed to the people from the national level to the grassroots level.
“Lakhs of healthcare workers are being trained through these dry runs, and the process to train more is still going on,” Dr Vardhan stated.
The Minister is on a visit to Tamil Nadu to oversee the dry run drill for vaccination. He is scheduled to visit Session Site at government Omandurar hospital in Chennai, vaccination centre at Apollo hospital in Chennai, and vaccination centre in Chengalpattu, Chennai.
The second nationwide mock drill on the COVID-19 vaccination is being held at three-session sites of 736 districts across 33 States/UTs today.
The dry run is aimed at testing the laid out mechanisms for COVID-19 vaccination roll-out in the health system and to assess operational feasibility of using Co-WIN application in a field environment for planning, implementation, and reporting at the block, district, and state level.
According to the health ministry, the objective of the mock drill on COVID-19 vaccination is to simulate the actual vaccine administration event.
On Thursday, Dr Harsh Vardhan had directed all States/Union Territories to be vigilant against rumours and disinformation campaigns regarding the safety and efficacy of the approved COVID-19 vaccines.
Last week, the Drugs Controller General of India announced “restricted emergency use” for Bharat Biotech’s ‘Covaxin’ and Serum Institute of India’s ‘Covishield’, which has been developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University.
The earlier national mock drill on January 2 helped to iron out any glitches in the final execution and further refinement of the operational procedures. The feedback from most of the States/UTs was satisfactory conduct of the dry run. (ANI)
- Cambodia at risk of being last in line for vaccines [https://english.cambodiadaily.com/opinion/cambodia-at-risk-of-being-last-in-line-for-vaccines-171716/]
- Wa Self-administered zone now under lockdown [https://elevenmyanmar.com/news/wa-self-administered-zone-now-under-lockdown]
- Employers told to provide quarantine centre for infected workers [https://themalaysianreserve.com/2021/01/08/employers-told-to-provide-quarantine-centre-for-infected-workers/]
- Bursa Malaysia confirms 2 Covid-19 positive cases, the stock exchange operates as normal [https://themalaysianreserve.com/2021/01/08/bursa-malaysia-confirms-2-covid-19-positive-cases-the-stock-exchange-operates-as-normal/]
- Singapore PM receives Covid-19 vaccine, says it’s ‘painless, effective and important’ [https://www.malaymail.com/news/singapore/2021/01/08/singapore-pm-receives-covid-19-vaccine-says-its-painless-effective-and-impo/1938503]
- Continued presentation of fake COVID-19 test results embarrassing – PTF [https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/continued-presentation-of-fake-covid-19-test-results-embarrassing-ptf/]
- OLYMPICS/ Prioritize athletes for vaccine so Tokyo Games can go ahead–IOC member [http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14091396]
- S. Korea past 3rd peak of pandemic, tougher curbs in place against foreign arrivals [https://www.inform.kz/en/s-korea-past-3rd-peak-of-pandemic-tougher-curbs-in-place-against-foreign-arrivals_a3738269]
- Wuhan Covid Infections 3 Times Higher Than Official Figure: China Study [https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/china-study-says-wuhan-covid-infections-three-times-higher-than-official-figure-2349394]
- Why is Brazil’s COVID Vaccination Programme Lagging Behind Other Latin American States? [https://sputniknews.com/latam/202101081081693991-why-is-brazils-covid-vaccination-programme-lagging-behind-other-latin-american-states/]
- For the first time ever, the U.S. reported more than 4,000 COVID-19 deaths in one day [https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/for-the-first-time-ever-the-u-s-reported-more-than-4-000-covid-19-deaths-in-one-day-1.5258542]
- Covid surges dim hopes for speedy end to pandemic [https://www.rfi.fr/en/covid-surges-dim-hopes-for-speedy-end-to-pandemic]