RIGA, Jan 8 (LETA) – 155 Covid-19 patients were hospitalized on Thursday, which is the highest number of Covid-19 patients hospitalized in one day, according to the National Health Service’s data. In total, there are currently 1,166 Covid-19 patients being treated in hospitals, including 1,092 with symptoms of medium severity and 74 with severe symptoms. 147 Covid-19 patients were discharged from hospitals yesterday. In all, 4,073 Covid-19 patients have been discharged from hospitals so far. As reported, Latvia confirmed 1,237 new Covid-19 cases on Thursday, and 11 people died with Covid-19, according to the data released by the Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- UAE reports 2,950 new coronavirus infections as surge continues [https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/602285/World/Mena/UAE-reports-2950-new-coronavirus-infections-as-surge-continues]
- Coronavirus: UAE reports 2,950 Covid-19 cases, 2,218 recoveries, 3 deaths [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/coronavirus-uae-reports-2950-covid-19-cases-2218-recoveries-3-deaths]
- Iran COVID-19 death toll reaches 85 [https://theiranproject.com/blog/2021/01/08/iran-covid-19-death-toll-reaches-85/]
- Nepal COVID-19 Update: 554 new cases, 585 recoveries and six fatalities recorded on Friday [https://thehimalayantimes.com/nepal/nepal-covid-19-update-554-new-cases-585-recoveries-and-six-fatalities-recorded-on-friday/]
- Kyiv mayor reports over 400 new COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths as of Jan 8 [https://www.unian.info/kyiv/covid-19-in-kyiv-mayor-reports-over-400-new-cases-11-deaths-news-kyiv-11278997.html]
- Saudi Arabia records lowest virus-related deaths for first in many months as new cases drop to 97 [https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/602282/SAUDI-ARABIA/Saudi-Arabia-records-lowest-virus-related-deaths-for-first-in-many-months-as-new-cases-drop-to-97]