Poland is the third country in Europe by the number of people, who have received a dose of the vaccine against COVID-19, the office of the Polish Prime Minister has stated, according to state broadcaster Polskie Radio.
On Thursday, January 8, Michał Dworczyk, head of the Prime Minister’s Office, announced that 177,863 people across the country have received shots so far. The official added that rocess would be accelerated.
«The most vaccinations have so far been carried out by Germany, then Italy, and Poland is in third place. Of course, we are satisfied with this, but it is no reason for triumphalism, God forbid,» Dworczyk told reporters.
A nurse in Warsaw on December 27 was the first Pole to be vaccinated against COVID-19. According to a government plan a total of 2.94 million people are expected to be vaccinated for COVID-19 throughout the country with the first groups selected for vaccination being frontline healthcare workers, pensioners in nursing homes, people over 60, police, soldiers and teachers, Polskie Radio reports.
- Khairy: Malaysia can use Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine now as conditional registration granted [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2021/01/08/khairy-malaysia-can-use-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-now-as-conditional-registr/1938617]
- SBY: Govt Must Not Fail Covid-19 Vaccination Program [https://en.tempo.co/read/1421290/sby-govt-must-not-fail-covid-19-vaccination-program]
- Total number of cases infected with new coronavirus strain stands at 82: Health Ministry [http://tehelka.com/total-number-of-cases-infected-with-new-coronavirus-strain-stands-at-82-health-ministry/]
- COVID-19: We must be aggressive in communication — Boss Mustapha [https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/covid-19-we-must-be-aggressive-in-communication-boss-mustapha/]
- Israel, Ukraine tighten lockdown measures, Orban slams Brussels [https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/08/israel-ukraine-tighten-lockdown-measures-orban-slams-brussels/]
- Seychelles to start vaccinations with Chinese-made Sinopharm [https://apnews.com/article/wang-yi-seychelles-health-wavel-ramkalawan-coronavirus-pandemic-fa16bf5cd42a86383af02d4d4d53de30]