The Food and Drug Administration approved on Friday Clover Biopharmaceuticals’ application for its COVID-19 vaccine trial in the Philippines.
This makes the Chinese company the second vaccine developer to receive approval for clinical trials in the country, FDA Director General Eric Domingo said.
The FDA had approved the application of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen last December 28.
Clinical trials are meant to check the safety and efficacy of vaccines on a larger group of people.
To date, the FDA has received three clinical trial applications as assessed by the Department of Science and Technology’s Vaccines Expert Panel.
FDA is currently awaiting clarification on the third applicant, Sinovac Life Sciences, before green lighting its trial application.
“The FDA is currently awaiting response to clarifications for the proposed study on the Sinovac Life Sciences vaccine before issuing a decision on the application,” Domingo said.
Domingo also said they were now processing the approval of new coronavirus vaccines developed by Pfizer-BioNtech and AstraZeneca for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
He said that the decision of approval is “expected to be released within 21 calendar days upon filing of application.”
Domingo added that the EUA approval of Russian-developed Sputnik V was received on Thursday, but its manufacturers were “instructed to comply with lacking documents.”
Topics: Food and Drug Administration , Clover Biopharmaceuticals , COVID-19 , vaccine trial
- WHO chief says ‘clear problem’ poorer nations not getting COVID-19 vaccines yet [https://news.trust.org/item/20210108154015-wcqt7]
- Killer vaccine? ‘Healthy’ South Florida doctor died 2 weeks after receiving COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2021/01/08/642574/Killer-vaccine–Healthy–US-doctor-died-after-receiving-COVID-19-vaccine]
- Iran’s supreme leader bans import of US, UK vaccines [https://news.az/news/irans-supreme-leader-bans-import-of-us-uk-vaccines]
- Iran calls off import of US COVID-19 vaccines [https://theiranproject.com/blog/2021/01/08/iran-calls-off-import-of-us-covid-19-vaccines/]
- 2021… a ray of hope! [https://www.omanobserver.om/2021-a-ray-of-hope/]
- Sinovac jab is 78% effective in Brazil after data confusion [https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/01/09/sinovac-jab-is-78-effective-in-brazil-after-data-confusion/]
- COVID-19 vaccination: France aims to make up for lost time [https://www.dw.com/en/covid-19-vaccination-france-aims-to-make-up-for-lost-time/a-56174914]
- Why getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you’re done with COVID-19 [https://www.minnpost.com/health/2021/01/why-getting-vaccinated-doesnt-mean-youre-done-with-covid-19/]
- UK approves use of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, orders 10m more doses [https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/1/96214/UK-approves-use-of-Moderna-s-coronavirus-vaccine-orders-10m]
- COVID-19 vaccinations to be completed by July [https://cphpost.dk/?p=121718]
- Pfizer study suggests vaccine works against virus variant [https://apnews.com/article/pfizer-study-vaccine-coronavirus-strain-3094dd3cc91b4a20780402476cdcb5ae]
- FDA okays Clover COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/08/moderna-vaccine-approved-for-use-in-uk-as-deaths-reach-pandemic-high/]
- London declares emergency over ‘out of control’ coronavirus [https://bdnews24.com/world/2021/01/08/london-declares-emergency-over-out-of-control-coronavirus]
- COVID Relief: Pfizer Vaccine Works On Mutations Found In UK, South Africa: Study [https://observer.com/2021/01/pfizer-vaccine-effective-mutation-uk-south-africa-covid-variant-study/]
- Dr. Joneigh Khaldun Receives 2nd Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine [https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2021/01/08/dr-joneigh-khaldun-receives-2nd-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine/]
- When Can I Get The COVID-19 Vaccine In Pennsylvania, New Jersey Or Delaware? [https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/when-can-i-get-the-covid-19-vaccine-in-pennsylvania-new-jersey-or-delaware/]
- Bay Area company Helix tracking areas where new COVID-19 variant is spreading [https://abc7news.com/health/bay-area-company-tracking-where-new-covid-19-variant-is-spreading/9455328/]
- UK regulators approve use of 3rd vaccine against coronavirus [https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20210108/news/301089956/]
- What to know about ‘Phase 1b’ COVID-19 vaccinations [https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210107/what-to-know-about-phase-1b-covid-19-vaccinations]