European Medicines Agency, the European Union’s health authority, has recommended Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine be granted conditional approval throughout the EU.
“EMA has recommended granting a conditional marketing authorisation for COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna to prevent Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in people from 18 years of age,” the EMA wrote in a statement.
The announcement marks the second vaccine given a recommendation for clearance in the 27-nation European bloc, after having already approved one manufactured by Pfizer and BioNTech.
“This vaccine provides us with another tool to overcome the current emergency,” said Emer Cooke, executive director of EMA.
Please follow and like us:
Going on a holiday in the summer is a right of passage for many with the USA and a number of European locations making it to the top of everyone’s…
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) – Rhode Island’s coronavirus vaccination efforts are being hampered by a lack of supply, Gov. Gina Raimondo said. Read more… Please follow and like us:
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) – A police sergeant was cleared of wrongdoing for handcuffing an innocent Black man in a Virginia Beach food court, but he’ll be disciplined for not…
- EU agency authorizes Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210106/eu-agency-authorizes-modernas-covid-19-vaccine]
- EU ready to help expand vaccine production [https://www.euractiv.com/section/health-consumers/news/eu-ready-to-help-expand-vaccine-production/]
- Citizens’ Initiative chance to make cure for pandemic universal public good [https://www.guengl.eu/citizens-initiative-chance-to-make-cure-for-pandemic-universal-public-good/]
- European drugs regulator approves Moderna coronavirus vaccine [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/european-drugs-regulator-approves-moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/articleshow/80135582.cms]
- Chinese COVID-19 vaccine could fuel Sino-Africa ties [https://www.gna.org.gh/1.19557349]
- Coronavirus: Dutch shocked to be EU vaccination stragglers [https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55549656]
- Calls for PROBE as Germany’s apparent failure to pre-order enough vaccines sparks rift within Merkel’s govt coalition [https://www.rt.com/news/511622-germany-vaccine-pre-order-probe/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS]
- Aged care industry calls for mandatory vaccination of staff [https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/aged-care-industry-calls-for-mandatory-vaccination-of-staff-20210106-p56s4j.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed]
- EU Regulator Approves Moderna Covid Vaccine: Report [https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/european-union-regulator-approves-moderna-covid-vaccine-report-2348617]
- European regulator approves Moderna Covid vaccine for use in the EU [https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/european-regulator-approves-moderna-covid-vaccine-for-use-in-the-eu.html]
- EU regulator approves Moderna coronavirus vaccine [https://www.samaa.tv/news/2021/01/eu-regulator-approves-moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/]
- Portfolio committee backs Health Department on Covid-19 vaccine roll-out despite grumblings [https://www.iol.co.za/news/portfolio-committee-backs-health-department-on-covid-19-vaccine-roll-out-despite-grumblings-72d2c1b8-51e7-47f9-8b07-11f6b955e221]
- Coronavirus live news: EU medicines regulator approves Moderna vaccine; Japan’s daily cases hit new record [https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/jan/06/coronavirus-live-news-who-chief-very-disappointed-after-china-blocks-wuhan-visit-1-in-50-infected-in-uk]
- EU medicines regulator recommends second vaccine against Covid-19 [https://bnn-news.com/eu-medicines-regulator-recommends-second-vaccine-against-covid-19-220604]
- The GSK – Pfizer Multibillion Dollar Global Vaccine Monopoly [https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-gsk-pfizer-multibillion-dollar-global-vaccine-monopoly/5733640]