Administering first COVID-19 dose going better than expected in Denmark
According to the regional authority Danske Regioner, all care centre residents who want a COVID-19 vaccination will have received the first dose this week.
All 900 care centres nationwide will be better protected against the COVID-19, much to the glee of Stephanie Lose, the head of Danske Regioner.
“It’s a big step towards a more normal world, where we don’t need to fear our elderly citizens contracting COVID-19,” said Lose.
READ ALSO: Quarter of a million people in Denmark to initially get COVID-19 vaccine
Elderly at home up next The first deliveries of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine are now exhausted and the next delivery is being prepared across the country.
Now that the care centre residents have been vaccinated, the next group to be jabbed are the most vulnerable elderly who still live at home.
Moreover, the vaccination of elderly care workers, emergency response and hospital staff is continuing as planned.
- Sweden’s Covid-19 vaccine rollout continues [https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/7640339]
- DOLE chief: Prioritize OFWs, wage earners on vaccination list [https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/01/06/dole-chief-prioritize-ofws-wage-earners-on-vaccination-list/]
- PASSENGERS WITH MEDICAL DOCUMENTS OR VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 WILL NOT HAVE TO BE TESTED ON ARRIVAL [https://www.madeiraislandnews.com/2021/01/passengers-with-medical-documents-or-vaccinated-against-covid-19-will-not-have-to-be-tested-on-arrival.html]
- Increase in UAE Covid cases: Vaccination drive to control virus spread, says official [https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/increase-in-uae-covid-cases-vaccination-drive-to-control-virus-spread-says-official]
- Saudi centers for COVID-19 vaccine inform citizens with a booking date within 24 hours [https://ajel.sa/english/saudi-centers-for-covid-19-vaccine-inform-citizens-with-a-booking-date-within-24-hours/]
- World Bank working with countries to resolve vaccine indemnification hurdles World Bank working with countries to resolve vaccine indemnification hurdles [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/world-bank-working-countries-resolve-vaccine-indemnification-hurdles-181351]