When it comes to developing life-saving vaccines, an important trait to exhibit is a strong sense of altruism. Krishna Ella, founder chairman of Bharat Biotech International Limited (BBIL), seems to know this.
In its journey of over two decades, the Hyderabad based company has rolled out crucial vaccines and bio-therapeutics at affordable prices. And so, Bharat Biotech — which has got approval for emergency restricted use for its Covid-19 vaccine, Covaxin, along with Serum Institute of India’s Covishield –draws over 80 per cent of its revenues from just its top two or …
- Best of BS Opinion: Next step on vaccines, farmers’ protest, and more [https://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/best-of-bs-opinion-next-step-on-vaccines-farmers-protest-and-more-121010400043_1.html]
- Oppn parties not proud of anything Indian, alleges Nadda as Cong and BJP spar over COVID vaccine issue [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/oppn-parties-not-proud-of-anything-indian-alleges-nadda-as-cong-and-bjp-spar-over-covid-vaccine-issue/articleshow/80084072.cms]
- India gets Covid-19 vaccine: DCGI nod for Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/india-gets-covid-19-vaccine-dcgi-nod-for-serum-institute-bharat-biotech-121010400067_1.html]
- Masks probably may never even go, says ICMR chief Balram Bhargava [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/masks-probably-may-never-even-go-says-icmr-chief-balram-bhargava/articleshow/80086525.cms]
- ‘A great milestone in India’s scientific capability’ [https://theshillongtimes.com/2021/01/04/a-great-milestone-in-indias-scientific-capability/]