CDC data shows only 2.8 million people have been vaccinated so far, instead of 20 million projected; reaction from ‘Outnumbered’ panel.
An Oregon health care worker was hospitalized following a severe allergic reaction to Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) said this week.
“OHA is closely monitoring the case, which involves an employee at Wallowa Memorial Hospital who experienced anaphylaxis after receiving a first dose of the Moderna vaccine this week,” Oregon Health Authority said Thursday in a news release. “The individual is recovering at a hospital.”
MODERNA STARTS TESTING CORONAVIRUS VACCINE’S EFFECTIVENESS AMONG TEENS
More than 26,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine and more than 12,000 doses of Moderna’s have been administered in Oregon since the week of Dec. 13, according to the OHA.
Registered nurse Carol Eickmeyer, left, gets the first vaccination for the coronavirus from RN Cassandra Antosz at Sacred Heart RiverBend Hospital in Springfield, Ore., on Dec. 21, 2020. (Associated Press)
CORONAVIRUS MEANS LIFE WON’T GO BACK TO NORMAL UNTIL FALL 2021, DESPITE VACCINES: FAUCI
The Food and Drug Administration formally granted emergency approval for Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine candidate on Dec. 18, officially paving the way for widespread distribution of the long-awaited product.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
It was the second COVID-19 vaccine to receive such approval in the U.S. Previously in December, the FDA granted emergency use approval to a vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech.
Moderna did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for further comment.
Fox News’ Madeline Farber contributed to this story.
- AstraZeneca Expects To Supply 20 Lakh Vaccine Doses A Week In UK: Report [https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/astrazeneca-expects-to-supply-20-lakh-vaccine-doses-a-week-in-uk-report-2346739]
- US surpasses 20M COVID-19 cases while experts foresee tough times in January [https://whdh.com/news/us-surpasses-20m-covid-19-cases-while-experts-foresee-tough-times-in-january/]
- ‘Eye of the storm’: UK in crisis as cases surge, likely due to new virus variant [https://www.timesofisrael.com/eye-of-the-storm-uk-in-crisis-as-cases-surge-likely-due-to-new-virus-variant/]
- Massachusetts coronavirus vaccine data: 76,000 residents vaccinated so far [https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/01/01/massachusetts-coronavirus-vaccine-data-76000-residents-vaccinated-so-far/]
- France’s new coronavirus cases up 19,348 over 24 hours [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/01/02/frances-new-coronavirus-cases-up-19348-over-24-hours/1936614]
- AstraZeneca expects to supply two million doses of Covid-19 vaccine every week in UK, reports The Times [https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2021/01/02/astrazeneca-expects-to-supply-2-mln-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-every-week-in/1936612]
- Oregon health care worker hospitalized after allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/02/london-schools-to-remain-closed-as-covid-vaccination-programme-expands/]
- New Year arrives with US hitting 20 million COVID-19 cases [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-new-year-united-states-20-million-cases-13879390]
- AstraZeneca expects to supply 2 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine every week in UK: The Times [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-astrazeneca-supply-2-million-doses-each-week-13879670]
- Hundreds of Israelis get infected with Covid-19 after receiving Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine – reports [https://www.rt.com/news/511332-israel-vaccination-coronavirus-pfizer/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS]
- UK in ‘eye of the storm’ amid surging new coronavirus cases [https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/uk-in-eye-of-the-storm-amid-surging-new-coronavirus-cases/articleshow/80063185.cms]