The UAE has rolled out two Covid-19 vaccination campaigns to beat the pandemic.
Full list of centres to get free Covid jab in UAE
The Chinese Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine is available at all medical centres in the UAE, while Dubai’s free vaccination drive sees residents given the Pfizer-BioNTech jab.
The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention has answered a set of frequently asked questions related to Covid-19 vaccines.
What are the benefits of getting a Covid-19 vaccine?
Getting a Covid-19 vaccine can help protect you by creating an antibody response in your body. Getting vaccinated also might help protect people around you from Covid-19, particularly people at increased risk of severe illness from the virus and its complications.
Can I be infected with Covid-19 even after taking the vaccine?
No, you cannot get the infection according to the currently available studies. But keep in mind that for your body to build immunity, you should take two doses with an interval of 21 – 28 days between the first and second doses. Till now, there is no specific duration for immunity post vaccination.
Are there any possible side effects?
The use of the vaccine might cause some common side effects like pain in the injection site, fever, headache, fatigue, muscle pain and lethargy. Generally, the mild symptoms subside without treatment.
What should I do if I experience any side effects?
You can go to the nearest healthcare centre or hospital or contact the relevant health authority.
Who must not take the vaccine?
>> Those with history of severe allergy
>> Pregnant and lactating women.
>> Women who plan to get pregnant in the next three months.
>> Those with history of severe Covid-19 confirmed infection.
Is the vaccination mandatory or optional?
The vaccination is optional.
From which age can the vaccine be given?
From 18 years and above.
Importance of vaccines in general:
>> Vaccines protect children and adults from some infectious diseases and their serious complications.
>> They are the best and most successful medical interventions.
- BioNTech Criticizes EU For Not Ordering Enough Vaccine, Risking Its Profits Against Pfizer [https://southfront.org/biontech-criticizes-eu-for-not-ordering-enough-vaccine-risking-its-profits-against-pfizer/]
- Government expects emergency vaccine approval within weeks [https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2021/01/01/government-expects-emergency-vaccine-approval-within-weeks.html]
- Local expertise can generate Covid-19 vaccine demand [https://www.mwnation.com/local-expertise-can-generate-covid-19-vaccine-demand/]
- How Israel became a world leader in vaccinating against COVID-19 [https://bdnews24.com/world/middle-east/2021/01/02/how-israel-became-a-world-leader-in-vaccinating-against-covid-19]
- Next vaccine batch in Slovenia next week, ministry calls for vaccination [https://sloveniatimes.com/next-vaccine-batch-in-slovenia-next-week-ministry-calls-for-vaccination/]
- AstraZeneca expects to supply 2mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine in UK by next week AstraZeneca expects to supply 2mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine in UK by next week [https://tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/astrazeneca-expects-supply-2mn-doses-covid-19-vaccine-uk-next-week-179803]
- How to stay ahead of a mutating virus How to stay ahead of a mutating virus [https://tbsnews.net/feature/panorama/how-stay-ahead-mutating-virus-179713]
- Britain opts for mix-and-match vaccinations, confounding experts [https://bdnews24.com/health/2021/01/02/britain-opts-for-mix-and-match-vaccinations-confounding-experts]
- US Pharmacist Arrested On Charges Of Sabotaging Over 500 Covid Vaccine Doses [https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/us-pharmacist-arrested-on-charges-of-sabotaging-over-500-covid-vaccine-doses-2346774]
- Germany’s BioNTech racing to ramp up vaccine production to fill ‘gap’ [https://www.timesofisrael.com/germanys-biontech-racing-to-ramp-up-vaccine-production-to-fill-gap/]
- Pregnant women agonize over unknowns of taking the coronavirus vaccine [https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400576?utm_source=homepage_hilight&utm_medium=internal_referral]
- Houston’s 1st public COVID-19 vaccine clinic to open Jan. 2 [https://abc13.com/health/houstons-1st-public-covid-19-vaccine-clinic-to-open-jan-2/9264016/]
- Call to make vaccine available to refugees [https://dailyasianage.com/news/251260/call-to-make-vaccine-available-to-refugees]