“Preparations are currently underway for the receipt of the first shipment of the Pfizer vaccine in the New Year,” Minister Kim Wilson said, adding that “among those to receive the first doses will be healthcare workers, essential workers, care home residents and the medically vulnerable.”
Speaking at last night’s [Dec 30] press briefing, Minister Wilson said, “I now want to give a quick update regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine…
“Preparations are currently underway for the receipt of the first shipment of the Pfizer vaccine in the New Year. This will include just over 9,000 doses. We are working to ensure that it is accessible to everyone who needs it first; among those to receive the first doses will be healthcare workers, essential workers, care home residents and the medically vulnerable.
“The Ministry of Health has been closely monitoring the roll-out of the vaccine across the United Kingdom – noting, in particular, any side-effects experienced by recipients. The common side effects are flu like symptoms including fever, headache and body or muscle pain.
“Questions about pre-existing conditions and allergies are asked prior to the vaccine being administered but on rare occasions it happens that a person might not be aware of the severe allergies they might have. Medical staff who administer the vaccine are equipped with the knowledge and equipment to observe and respond appropriately.
“We are currently in the process of locating additional sites across Bermuda from which to administer the vaccine, although, in the first instance, a central vaccination facility is being planned. Rest homes will be serviced by a mobile team which administers the vaccine. It is key to note the vaccine will be available strictly by appointment only.”
As the island and world deals with the Covid-19 pandemic, we are doing our best to provide timely and accurate information, and you can find more information on the links below.
#Covid19 #CovidVaccine #Health
Category: All, News
- Delayed coronavirus vaccine in Africa risks ‘moral catastrophe,’ CDC chief says [https://globalnews.ca/news/7548894/coronavirus-vaccine-africa-delay/]
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Outlines His Top Priority for Working With Joe Biden [https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-anthony-fauci-joe-biden-chief-medical-adviser-agenda-1558235]
- US Covid Vaccinations Falling Far Short Of 20 Million Year End Target [https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/us-covid-vaccinations-falling-far-short-of-20-million-year-end-target-2346215]
- Argentina and El Salvador approve AstraZeneca/Oxford Covid-vaccine [https://www.gna.org.gh/1.19514203]
- Guinea begins coronavirus vaccinations on government ministers [https://www.gna.org.gh/1.19514229]
- Preparations For Vaccine Shipment Underway [https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2020/12/31/gps-criticise-unfair-decision-to-delay-second-dose-of-covid-vaccines/]
- HK man dies after transfusion from infected person [https://asiatimes.com/2020/12/hk-man-dies-after-transfusion-from-infected-person/]
- Saudi Arabia has received over half a million doses of COVID-19 vaccine [https://ajel.sa/english/saudi-arabia-has-received-over-half-a-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine/]
- South America begins the process of vaccination against Covid-19 [https://www.chinanationalnews.com/news/267400776/south-america-begins-the-process-of-vaccination-against-covid-19]
- Guinea uses Russian COVID-19 vaccine on some officials [https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20201231/news/312319972/]
- India will have happy New Year with something in hand: DCGI on Covid vax [https://morungexpress.com/india-will-have-happy-new-year-with-something-in-hand-dcgi-on-covid-vax]
- U.S. vaccinations in 2020 falling far short of target of 20 million people [https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-vaccinations/u-s-vaccinations-in-2020-falling-far-short-of-target-of-20-million-people-idUSKBN29512W]
- Drug controller hints vaccine approval will make it a ‘happy new year’ [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/drug-controller-hints-vaccine-approval-will-make-it-a-happy-new-year-120123100968_1.html]
- South Korea plans to roll out its own Covid-19 vaccine late next year [https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/south-korea-plans-to-roll-out-its-own-covid-19-vaccine-late-next-year-120123100787_1.html]
- Second vaccine approved in UK [https://monacolife.net/second-vaccine-approved-in-uk/]
- Health Ministry survey shows a third of Malaysians still fear, doubt Covid-19 vaccine [https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/12/31/health-ministry-survey-shows-a-third-of-malaysians-still-fear-doubt-covid-1/1936319]