HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — Texas and local elected officials, representing some of the state’s communities hardest hit by the virus, are set to receive the COVID-19 vaccine Wednesday morning.
It will take place at 10 a.m. at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth.
The event can be live streamed in the video player above. It is also being streamed on our free apps on Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
Some of those elected officials include State Senator Borris Miles, State Representative Senfronia Thompson, and others.
Mayor Sylvester Turner is also expected to join the elected officials and health experts in a press conference, following the vaccinations.
As thousands of health workers and first responders continue to get the COVID-19 vaccine, there’s a growing desire to understand how the rest of the public may finally get vaccinated.
They will discuss new information regarding vaccine safety, who is currently eligible to receive the two-dose vaccine, and the importance of choosing to get vaccinated.
SEE RELATED STORY: Memorial Hermann moves to 2nd phase in COVID-19 vaccinations this week Report a correction or typo Related topics:
health & fitnesshoustonvaccineshealthsylvester turnercoronaviruscovid 19 vaccinehospitalsdoctorscovid 19 Share: Share Tweet Email Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.
- Indonesia seeks to exchange COVID vaccine data with other nations [https://en.antaranews.com/news/164700/indonesia-seeks-to-exchange-covid-vaccine-data-with-other-nations]
- NCID nurse becomes first person in Singapore to receive COVID-19 vaccine [https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-first-vaccinations-ncid-healthcare-workers-pfizer-13864346]
- ProHealth Urgent Care Staff Receives COVID-19 Vaccine [https://stthomassource.com/content/2020/12/30/prohealth-urgent-care-staff-receives-covid-19-vaccine/]
- Why the AstraZeneca vaccine is so important to the global economy [https://whdh.com/news/why-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-is-so-important-to-the-global-economy/]
- India drug regulator meets to discuss AstraZeneca vaccine: Report [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/india-drug-regulator-meets-to-discuss-astrazeneca-vaccine-report-120123000968_1.html]
- Nepal government seeks to procure Covid-19 vaccine from India [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/nepal-government-seeks-to-procure-covid-19-vaccine-from-india-120123000898_1.html]
- SII’s application for Covid vaccine emergency approval to be considered on Wednesday [https://english.mathrubhumi.com/technology/science/sii-s-application-for-covid-vaccine-emergency-approval-to-be-considered-on-wednesday-1.5318336]
- Bengal govt starts training vaccinators ahead of Covid vaccine rollout [https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/bengal-govt-starts-training-vaccinators-ahead-of-covid-vaccine-rollout-120123000949_1.html]
- Chinese drugmaker: Vaccine 79.3% effective in final tests [https://morungexpress.com/chinese-drugmaker-vaccine-793-effective-in-final-tests]